Sign in to follow this  
m&m

m&m's weight training & diet thread

Also M, while your typing :P

Im nearing the end (entering week 9) of your 10 week deadlift cycle, but I feel I could lift more than week 10 will bring.

What should I do?

I lifted 182.5kg for 4 singles last week.

Should I make the 10 week cycle longer, eg, go untill I miss my 4 singles?

Or should I up it by 5kgs next week instead of the 2.5kgs that is stated in your guide?

Cheers mate.

Protein, coincidently, happens to be found in solid food, you guys should introduce yourselves to it, its yummy, protein supplements are a baindaid used to mask poor eating habits.

Dusty, go for a PB after week 10, then you can always resume the program again, starting from a % point where your new 1RM left you.

lol, sorry fellas, you big strong mo fo's all look the same to me

Hey guys, quick question about push pressing.

How much drive can you use? Just a slight dip? Full fledged F/squat?

LOL I wouldn't use a full on front squat. Usually only a small dip in the legs is used because its the most explosive and strongest.

lol, i wouldnt front squat :P

Just wondering if their is like a rule of thumb to as how low you can go or is it up to the lifter?

Hey M, how important do you see carbing up pre and post w/o when trying to pack on muscle? i can't ever recall you really recommending anything to do with it, besides making sure you have eaten some carb/protein within an hour before training and GOMAD.

Been low carb for over a year now, what do you recommend? atm eating about 40g protein and a peice of fruit an hour before, shake and banana after and 40g protein with greens an hour after training.

Before is not as important as during and after training.

I guess you missed the bit about taking 50gms of dextrose monohydrate immiediately after training. Then eat a protein/carb meal 30 minutes later.

We had quite a long discussion on dextrose

Will 50gms table sugar surfice?

Is it to cause an insulin spike, for the post work out meal?

Before is not as important as during and after training.

I guess you missed the bit about taking 50gms of dextrose monohydrate immiediately after training. Then eat a protein/carb meal 30 minutes later.

We had quite a long discussion on dextrose

What are your thoughts on having a low gi carb an hour or two before your workout? Real food like oats or banana or something like that? I was putting dextrose in post workout shake but thought I may as well just eat something prior instead.

Guys that have specific pre workout meals are OBVIOUSLY not eating their 6 prescribed meals, spaced 2 1/2 hours apart.

Table sugar is crap and pointless, not a high enough GI, eat fruit instead if you cant afford the $3 for dextrose from Safeway. We take dextrose because of its extreme GI

I admit that I don't get 6. I would say I get 5 though and it just so happens that I usually eat around 4pm and I will be home exercising by 5:15 so I figured that some of the carbs in the meal prior to workout would be utilised and may not require dextrose in post workout shake.

EVERY SINGLE MEAL THAT WE EAT SHOULD BE MADE UP OF PROTEIN AND CARBS

Chris, youre not on your Karl Malone here, I'll give a more complete answer.

Absolutely retarded pre workout supplements exist because as a generation, we cant be f u c k e d. Preparing meals and eating them on time is an impossibility for most.

The Thieves who pretend to be supplement manufacturers come out with pre workout energizers, because they KNOW youre going to be too lazy to eat a meal.

If a guy comes in to PTC with a pre workout drink, i KNOW HE HASNT EATEN RIGHT THAT DAY.

Even worse are those shocking Red Bull, V, mothers type energy drinks.

"I need a pep up" I hear them say. What they need is a kick in the head.

Craving stimulants found in "energy" drinks are the absolute best indicator that your lazy and clueless.

Max came home from school yesterday and had his 12.00pm meal. At 2.30pm he had his next and at 5pm he had another massive plate of curry and rice, all 3 meals were consumed with milk. He had to have a lay down after all that, before his 7pm session.

Does anyone here think he couldve done better with a V or NoExplode? Does anyone think he couldve possibly had any pre workout meal?

He followed his session with a protein drink at 8.30 then a steak and veg meal with Nick and Kelly at around 9.15pm.

He had a big glass of milk with 2 scoops of whey before bed

That is how you should eat EVERYDAY

hey markos,

got a bit of a question if you could help me out that i havent had any luck in searching for the answer.

currently started back training from scratch with your skinny guy routine.

im having a problem with my quads, during my sets of squats my quads start to feel really tight. i get through my sets, however once i stop they get tight enough that even an free body squat becomes a pain and they feel like they are over stretching.

i do a quick stretch before starting my workout focusing on stretching my hips and legs and i do a few sets of squats ramping the weight up to the work set.

was wondering if you would be able to shed some light on my problem.

thanks

stephen

Hey fellas,

I've got a slight niggel in my lower back, in the left muscle that hugs the spine.

I've only noticed it in the last few days, but I think it was from my last deadlift (205kg PB) a week ago. It's not an intence pain, it just feels like somebody is pushing one finger into the muscle. The pain is also NOT constant, it comes and goes. It comes mostly after standing for long periods (3 hours) or sitting with bad posture.

Short of seeing a physio, are their any little exercises I should do?

hey markos,

got a bit of a question if you could help me out that i havent had any luck in searching for the answer.

currently started back training from scratch with your skinny guy routine.

im having a problem with my quads, during my sets of squats my quads start to feel really tight. i get through my sets, however once i stop they get tight enough that even an free body squat becomes a pain and they feel like they are over stretching.

i do a quick stretch before starting my workout focusing on stretching my hips and legs and i do a few sets of squats ramping the weight up to the work set.

was wondering if you would be able to shed some light on my problem.

thanks

stephen

Its just the pump, you caught it, continue as you were

Hey fellas,

I've got a slight niggel in my lower back, in the left muscle that hugs the spine.

I've only noticed it in the last few days, but I think it was from my last deadlift (205kg PB) a week ago. It's not an intence pain, it just feels like somebody is pushing one finger into the muscle. The pain is also NOT constant, it comes and goes. It comes mostly after standing for long periods (3 hours) or sitting with bad posture.

Youve pulled a spinal erector. No deadlifts or heavy squats for a week or so should fix it. Ice and heat. Nice deadlift.

Hey fellas,

Youve pulled a spinal erector. No deadlifts or heavy squats for a week or so should fix it. Ice and heat. Nice deadlift.

Cheers M.

Im not allowed to do any lifting untill the 21st anyway, so i think that will give my body a well deserved break.