I need help in gearbox conversion, Genuine Help i mean, I been reading for the conversion for quite sometime. but still stuck in a stage of choosing between Z32 (5spd), Z33 (6spd), S14 (5spd)
I am driving a Nissan Silvia S15,daily street driving & randomly launching or drifting throughout times, I am running around 320hp, with Nismo GT L.S.D Pro TT. Currently running a S14 Gearbox. Previously blown one S13 gearbox.
1. Strong and longer lasting Gearbox
2. usually Is the gearing and syncro already repair by the seller? or is it a luck thing on the use gearbox?
3. which gearbox will you actually recommend? Z32 (5spd) or Z33 (6Spd) (i am tired of replacing gearboxes already after recent S14 gearbox up for less than 4mths. started to have sound inside already
4. During the time when i am with S13/S14 gearboxes, everytime when i release throttle and speedo starting to drop from 100km/h down, everytime it passes the 90-80km/h (2.2 - 2.4rpm) it will have a noise (either i will called it a tramping or gearing noise) then back to normal again. If i uses the Z32/33 Gearbox and uses back the S15 clutch set & dual mass flywheel. does it solve the NVH?
5. Do i need cutting of any chassis area with the above mention gearbox?
6. Using back dual-mass flywheel better or single mass flywheel (lke stock S14) is better?
7. 5spd or 6spd is better for both driveability and drifting. I actually want something responsive & fun to drive/drift.
(5 or 6 spd is actually best for drifting?)
8. is the shifting feel the same as S14 (5spd)/ S15 (6Spd) with the Z32(5spd)/Z33(6spd)
9. Thank you guys