- - - - -

Throw some Ideas/Advice my way! 

6 replies to this topic

#1 Garage Swamp

• Car:S14

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi all! I got my silvia about a year and a half ago with the intention of getting on the track after getting rid of my VT clubsport which was a bit too nice to be chuckin around the place. Nothing really happened to it for the first year then about two months before I had planed to get some track time, this happened...*see pictures*

Unfortunately they are the only photos i have of the car, but its a series one with what I assume is the Navan? front bar. Has all genuine brand gear on it (that will probably change but) just the usual stuff, front mount, bit of a lowering, cusco adjustable arms, brides and a few other bits.

Long story short I'm in the process of taking the guy who hit me to court atm but there isnt really any guarantee i'll win, even though I am in the right. So I may need to try fix the car on the cheap which is where I'd love some advice from other members as to the fitting of wide body fenders.

I'm keen on the idea because if i do it myself, the plan has the potential to save me alot of $. I did buy the car with the intention of doing as much work to it as I could myself as I want to learn, but this is a pretty big job for what is essentially the first fabrication mod i have done to a car. I'm worried about the car ending up looking worse than it does now, not because i think i'll botch the job but because I am under the impression its quite difficult to pull off a wide body look cleanly. I wasn't too keen on buying a full kit to match the fenders, I was just going to throw some pods on the back and slam it over some new wheels. Im keen on using genuine Origin fenders/body kit (although i would have preferred 30mm fenders over 50mm - any suggestions here?) and probably Varstoen wheels for the time being as im sure i'll be short $ when this is all done.

Im also wondering how deep the rabbit hole goes if I do this because i already have visions of s15 front swaps and god knows what else. At the end of the day I want a clean (styling wise) look, but i dont want a show pony, I want to learn to drive and modify my car and have fun! This car was also my daily and I want it to be again as its way better on fuel than my super6 commo im getting around in at the moment, bless its cotton socks. Any advice/opinions on what/how i should go about this would be massively appreciated, cheers lads!

Attached Files

#2 dr1ft_pig13 olds

• Car:My 07 XT & MY 13 Foz

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

WELCOME to the forums...all the best with ur plans

OLD Mark

#3 saadn

• Car:JDM s15

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

is your wheel on an angle? i think you gonna need a new quarter panel don't hold me to it though

#4 Garage Swamp

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Cheers Mark. Yeah it is, prob 10-15 degrees. The trailing arm? (im not fully up to speed with the suspension parts yet) is bent to hell. Im hoping there is no other damage to the diff or anything coz mechanically it shouldnt be too much of a drama getting it fixed, but the quater is fair stufed

#5 KEslid3r

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

I crashed my s15, and bought it back for 1800 dollars (worth over 15k in parts) anyway if its a write off do the same, and spent the rest of the cash making this better and buying a daily. use a hammer to fix the rear queater, its only going to happen again!

#6 SIL-514

• Car:1992 S13.4

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Can you get pics showing the rear right wheels suspension?

#7 Garage Swamp

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I could grab some pics but the car is about an hours drive away at my smash repairer. I had thought of parting the car, but it seems a shame when it can be repaired, and hopefully it will all be under insurance so in the end i'll get the car back the same as it was before. It was assessed and is not a write off which sucks, that would have ben much easier for me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!