Jump to content

It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special


Surveillance camera systems 

15 replies to this topic

#1 Just_About_Beaten

  • Joined:12-January 10
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:s14

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Sick of f**k nuts trying to get in my place, Pac pines area

Just like to know which security camera systems are good or crap

#2 INMATE

  • Joined:09-December 08
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

ive bought off oz spy and their products are always good.

#3 fullboost

  • Joined:21-November 02
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:onevia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I just got the SWANN setup from dick smith . 4 cameras and 500gb hdd for $499 on special ... its awesome . i set it all up , can watch it on my phone while im at work or on ipad . its set to sensor movement so only starts recording if it detects anything ... I highly rate it

#4 Nissan_Gts

  • Joined:13-June 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:200SX

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

i have a SWANN setup too, wireless camera's. works just great :)

#5 renz.s15

  • Joined:25-November 08

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Im a security tech by trade, been doing it for over 7 years.. Id stay away from wireless cameras for obvious reasons. Hard wired is always the way to go. What exactly do you want to know. "Which security system is the best?" is a very broad question.

#6 Just_About_Beaten

  • Joined:12-January 10
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:s14

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postrenz.s15, on 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im a security tech by trade, been doing it for over 7 years.. Id stay away from wireless cameras for obvious reasons. Hard wired is always the way to go. What exactly do you want to know. "Which security system is the best?" is a very broad question.

one i am looking at, what you think about it? I need good night vision range
http://www.ebay.com....=item27c3c7661b

#7 junkie

  • Joined:14-July 04
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:S14a

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

i have a swann setup, a couple of cams a 500gb DVR.. nice cams and can monitor them in real time remotely, they are pretty decent at night too. but, i would also go with motion activated lights for night time use

Edited by junkie, 22 March 2012 - 07:00 PM.


#8 GTR-KiD

  • Joined:01-April 12
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:R32 GTR

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

i been wanting to get security camera around my house ever since my car got smashed and my garage broken in to, that SWANN system looks pretty legit, any where i can buy it? not of ebay..

#9 Rolled Cambers

  • Joined:14-July 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postrenz.s15, on 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im a security tech by trade, been doing it for over 7 years.. Id stay away from wireless cameras for obvious reasons. Hard wired is always the way to go. What exactly do you want to know. "Which security system is the best?" is a very broad question.

Your a security tech and you thumbs down wireless, explain what's the obvious? I'd really like to know cause I love wireless.

I've just done all my certificates in security including control room/monitoring and I personally love wireless systems.
For simple, yet still effective for home/office use, wireless is good.

I might get flamed for this, but this is just my opinion, eBay spec ones work brilliant.
All you need is a hard drive, 2tb is enough for about 3 years of recording.

Reason why I like eBay spec is they are cheap, still effective, last you about the same time, cheap to replace, still do the same thing and more.

#10 pyro

  • Joined:02-July 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostRolled Cambers, on 14 April 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

View Postrenz.s15, on 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im a security tech by trade, been doing it for over 7 years.. Id stay away from wireless cameras for obvious reasons. Hard wired is always the way to go. What exactly do you want to know. "Which security system is the best?" is a very broad question.

Your a security tech and you thumbs down wireless, explain what's the obvious? I'd really like to know cause I love wireless.

I've just done all my certificates in security including control room/monitoring and I personally love wireless systems.
For simple, yet still effective for home/office use, wireless is good.
Here's a few links:
http://www.jammerall...es/WIFI-Jammer/
http://www.phantom.c...tpage.asp?id=24
http://www.jammer-st...s-blockers.html

In addition to the white noise generators above, there are wifi jammers that pose as a WAP and flood disconnect requests repeatedly. Some CISCO WAP's come with this feature as standard.

I therefore question the validity of your certificates.

Edited by pyro, 15 April 2012 - 01:01 AM.


#11 TougeR34

  • Joined:01-October 06
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:R34 GTT

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

downside of cabled systems is the dude can trace the wire and steal your HDD with any evidence if you dont happen to be watching lol

#12 Rolled Cambers

  • Joined:14-July 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postpyro, on 15 April 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

View PostRolled Cambers, on 14 April 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

View Postrenz.s15, on 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im a security tech by trade, been doing it for over 7 years.. Id stay away from wireless cameras for obvious reasons. Hard wired is always the way to go. What exactly do you want to know. "Which security system is the best?" is a very broad question.

Your a security tech and you thumbs down wireless, explain what's the obvious? I'd really like to know cause I love wireless.

I've just done all my certificates in security including control room/monitoring and I personally love wireless systems.
For simple, yet still effective for home/office use, wireless is good.
Here's a few links:
http://www.jammerall...es/WIFI-Jammer/
http://www.phantom.c...tpage.asp?id=24
http://www.jammer-st...s-blockers.html

In addition to the white noise generators above, there are wifi jammers that pose as a WAP and flood disconnect requests repeatedly. Some CISCO WAP's come with this feature as standard.

I therefore question the validity of your certificates.

That's getting too technical dude.
If you have access and knowledge to jammers and what not then I'm pretty sure they can do the same to wired systems.

#13 pyro

  • Joined:02-July 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Too technical how? buy jammer, turn it to 2.4ghz if it's not there already, turn on. That's it. Then go steal your shit, come back, turn jammer off, leave.

#14 Rolled Cambers

  • Joined:14-July 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Fair enough, it depends if the criminal really wants that item in your house to go through that effort.
Most crims that do ordinary burglaries will break and enter, regardless of security systems.
Most won't go to the effort of actually spending money on getting a jammer, unless they are smart and planned it for months, know what you have in the house and really want that item.
In that case, it's your mate, or someone who knows your house pretty well.

If jammers are involved and there has been planning for months, then your wired system is no good either.
It's as simple as a spray can and a mask.

By the time the control room (If you have one) sends out their units, the guys will be out with your goods.

But yes I get you, but it really comes down to what you have, and what they want.
If you have something of value, then go for a better system, if it's ordinary gear such as TV's and what not, then insurance is your best friend :P

#15 TougeR34

  • Joined:01-October 06
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:R34 GTT

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postpyro, on 15 April 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Too technical how? buy jammer, turn it to 2.4ghz if it's not there already, turn on. That's it. Then go steal your shit, come back, turn jammer off, leave.

you'd be better off turning the jammer off after you leave.. just sayin.

#16 pyro

  • Joined:02-July 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostTougeR34, on 19 April 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

View Postpyro, on 15 April 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Too technical how? buy jammer, turn it to 2.4ghz if it's not there already, turn on. That's it. Then go steal your shit, come back, turn jammer off, leave.

you'd be better off turning the jammer off after you leave.. just sayin.
looks like it's lucky that I don't steal shit then :lol:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!