Jump to content


Hardtuned Circuit Day @ Private Track (anzac day)! 

118 replies to this topic

#91 Brass Monkie

  • Joined:24-September 07
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Sill80

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Downloaded just now, I will have to have a play and catch you up Cal. tight suspension bolts might be a good place to start.

#92 zzyzx889

  • Joined:30-August 11
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

nice work scooby. tore it up out there man
big thanks to everyone involved in organising the day. was great fun! defintately hooked on this kinda thing now.
such a shame the final sprint session wasn't timed. really started to get a feel for my car. still absolutely stoked on a 1.06.6.
cant wait for the next one

#93 negativecamber

  • Joined:14-April 04
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

hey zzyzx889, what made you choose that username? (genuine reason for asking)

#94 negativecamber

  • Joined:14-April 04
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

i'll post some pics eventually. for now i just dont have the time to sit at the computer to resize and upload. it took over 45 minutes the other night just to get it off the SD card lol

#95 neil_se

  • Joined:24-April 03
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:S14A

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

That's some serious speed Callum, well done.

#96 zzyzx889

  • Joined:30-August 11
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postnegativecamber, on 26 April 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

hey zzyzx889, what made you choose that username? (genuine reason for asking)

I used to race downhill mountain bikes and had bullet bros - zzyzx forks on one of my bikes and the 889 is my race number from motocross.
why's that?

#97 Silvieson

  • Joined:22-October 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Aero S13

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

awesome day out!! thanks again to Loz and everyone that made the day happen!!! had a awesome time thrashing the 180!! really the first time its had a proper drive since matsuri and I reckon it did alright for having crap tyres with no grip on them and it being setup for drifting!! all it wanted to do was get sideways :lol: looking forward to the next one as i have some changes i want to do and test!!

#98 zzyzx889

  • Joined:30-August 11
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

just had a look at the holden driver training website. says the lap record is held by the supercheap auto car (june 2011) 1.01.08
so so close scooby!!
correct me if i've missed something here but god damn the boys up front are moving then

#99 casedog

  • Joined:13-January 09
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:1992 nissan silvia Q

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

pretty stoked with my time, only had 2 sessions and had no boost till like 5k and still managed to get a 1.07.6

#100 51CAZ

  • Joined:04-July 04
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:180sx - FD3S S8

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Im bummed i couldnt go eh. Had an accident in my daily a few days before and smashed it up so im out several hundred $$ for excess. Culdnt fit it into budget. Looks like a mad turnout and everyone had fun. I hope you can organise another one like it Loz!

Also callum what a wikid run....that 180 has come a long way since i first saw it ages ago. That and maybe a little driver skill ;)
Now i'll go poke around for an events thread with more pics/vids?

#101 pubes16

  • Joined:28-October 07
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postscooby36, on 26 April 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

thanks heaps troy! + massive thanks to loz and the whole crew who ran the day and made it all possible.

maximum respect to Stephen Lake in car 63 for being fastest of the non-regular sprinters - on crappy street tyres too ! stonking lap time beating some other very serious cars on very serious tyres.
Wow thanks man! Absolutely stoked with my time, finally got this car running right for sprints now so I'm hoping to make regular sprint days!

Again a huge thanks to Loz and all who was involved in making this day happen, you know who are ;). Was an amazing day out, no complaints what so ever. Organisation was absolutely mint. I'm hell keen for the next with a much better setup!!

#102 scooby36

  • Joined:02-December 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:94 sil80

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

:D thanks fellas !
that supercheap auto record would be one of their 'superschool' cars which is just a stripped out v8 falcadore on slicks, so not too much faster than our street cars.
V8Supercar would surely be in the 55 second bracket or quicker i reckon. but the short, tight, narrow track definitely doesnt let the big HP cars stretch their legs.

pubes slap some KU36 or 595RSR tyres on for your next set and have a crack at the street class records mate

Edited by scooby36, 27 April 2012 - 02:47 PM.


#103 The Heart Of Racing

  • Joined:25-April 12
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Civic

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Postscooby36, on 27 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:


that supercheap auto record would be one of their 'superschool' cars which is just a stripped out v8 falcadore on slicks, so not too much faster than our street cars.
V8Supercar would surely be in the 55 second bracket or quicker i reckon. but the short, tight, narrow track definitely doesnt let the big HP cars stretch their legs.



I think I heard one of the staff mention they do around 45 seconds...

Heres one of our videos. More will be posted on www.theheartofracing.com in the next few days...



#104 pubes16

  • Joined:28-October 07
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Loved your civic out there dude!! ^^^

View Postscooby36, on 27 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

:D thanks fellas !
that supercheap auto record would be one of their 'superschool' cars which is just a stripped out v8 falcadore on slicks, so not too much faster than our street cars.
V8Supercar would surely be in the 55 second bracket or quicker i reckon. but the short, tight, narrow track definitely doesnt let the big HP cars stretch their legs.

pubes slap some KU36 or 595RSR tyres on for your next set and have a crack at the street class records mate

Definitely will be doing that man ;). Kudos to your lap time!! Interesting to see you using 3rd through all the back corners. Your sil80 didn't used to have a front splitter did it? I remember seeing something similar to yours at lakeside once.

Edited by pubes16, 28 April 2012 - 11:48 AM.


#105 JarredSX

  • Joined:31-March 04
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:1995 Nissan 200SX

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Disappointed I missed it, looked like a good day :)

#106 Mandi

  • Joined:24-January 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:180 & S14a

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Only stayed for a little bit, but looked to be a good day. Was impressed with the quality of the cars, that gunmetal/brown s15 was very tidy! XD

#107 Silvieson

  • Joined:22-October 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Aero S13

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostMandi, on 28 April 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Only stayed for a little bit, but looked to be a good day. Was impressed with the quality of the cars, that gunmetal/brown s15 was very tidy! XD

You never came and said hello -_-

#108 The Heart Of Racing

  • Joined:25-April 12
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Civic

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

http://theheartofrac...com/home/?p=404

#109 Mandi

  • Joined:24-January 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:180 & S14a

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostSilvieson, on 28 April 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostMandi, on 28 April 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Only stayed for a little bit, but looked to be a good day. Was impressed with the quality of the cars, that gunmetal/brown s15 was very tidy! XD

You never came and said hello -_-

I dont know what you look like!

#110 Silvieson

  • Joined:22-October 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Aero S13

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostMandi, on 28 April 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostSilvieson, on 28 April 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostMandi, on 28 April 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Only stayed for a little bit, but looked to be a good day. Was impressed with the quality of the cars, that gunmetal/brown s15 was very tidy! XD


You never came and said hello -_-

I dont know what you look like!

All I hear are excuses!

:lol:

#111 scooby36

  • Joined:02-December 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:94 sil80

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

cheers pubes :] yea thats me, lakeside is my fav track (Y)

if you can get into the 1:05 bracket or quicker around there on street tyres youre flying

and update from my V8SC engineer mate who worked for paul morris motorsport last year:

"at the ride day last year the guys were doing mid-high 57s at norwell
on the worst tyres we had at the time
low 56s probably achievable on decent softs"

so yea v8sc are not too much faster than a street car on such a tight track.

Edited by scooby36, 29 April 2012 - 10:20 AM.


#112 loz

  • Joined:31-December 97
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Nissan 200SX S14.5

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostThe Heart Of Racing, on 27 April 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

View Postscooby36, on 27 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

that supercheap auto record would be one of their 'superschool' cars which is just a stripped out v8 falcadore on slicks, so not too much faster than our street cars.
V8Supercar would surely be in the 55 second bracket or quicker i reckon. but the short, tight, narrow track definitely doesnt let the big HP cars stretch their legs.



I think I heard one of the staff mention they do around 45 seconds...

Heres one of our videos. More will be posted on www.theheartofracing.com in the next few days...



our targa/24hr Turbo Astra Race Car does it in 58sec. haven't heard of anything under 50's though?

#113 Brass Monkie

  • Joined:24-September 07
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Sill80

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

^^^^^ Really?^^^^^
John Siddens outright Targa Clasic Winning 240Z does it in mid 62s

#114 OSR220

  • Joined:13-November 06
  • Car:180sx

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

The fastest time i can find is Warrick Hutchinson in a Rotary powered Van diemen open wheel hillclimb car. A 57.24 with gear selection issues This thing is a bullet has won most of the QLD hillclimb events over the last year or two. rumered to have a 1:1 hp to kg power ratio and is one of the top ten fastest Hillclimb cars in the country.


#115 zzyzx889

  • Joined:30-August 11
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

looks fun

#116 Jyzz

  • Joined:27-January 12
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Silvia s13

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Was a great day, hope everyone liked the video I made...
If you didnt see it check it out here!


Awesome day, cant wait for the next one!

#117 scooby36

  • Joined:02-December 06
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:94 sil80

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

would love to see video or more details on the 58sec astra! thats seriously hussling.

Nice find on the open wheeler Troy... maybe im crazy but seems like he's leaving a lot of cornerspeed in reserve considering the tyre+power+downforce to weight of the car

#118 The Heart Of Racing

  • Joined:25-April 12
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Civic

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

nice video! :)

#119 pubes16

  • Joined:28-October 07
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postscooby36, on 02 May 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

would love to see video or more details on the 58sec astra! thats seriously hussling.

Nice find on the open wheeler Troy... maybe im crazy but seems like he's leaving a lot of cornerspeed in reserve considering the tyre+power+downforce to weight of the car

Does seem that way, the track is a little slippery though. But still very quick, nice!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!