Jump to content

It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special


best ab exercises 

i need some advice
49 replies to this topic

#31 MAT_G

  • Joined:21-September 10
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:S14 series 2

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

alright lets try this again

breakfast
4 eggs

morning tee
protein shake and some nuts

lunch
chicken/meat or fish sandwich

afternoon
tin of salmon or tuna and a piece of fruit

dinner
200-300g of chicken or meat

after workout
protein shake


hows that one?

#32 zeropsi

  • Joined:02-July 11
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Fagstra

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Better. Snack on fruit etc. during the day. Cottage Cheese before bed. Helps maintain muscle recovery through your sleep.

#33 -Truck-

  • Joined:19-March 10
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

View PostMAT_G, on 12 December 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

alright lets try this again

breakfast
4 eggs

morning tee
protein shake and some nuts

lunch
chicken/meat or fish sandwich

afternoon
tin of salmon or tuna and a piece of fruit

dinner
200-300g of chicken or meat

after workout
protein shake


hows that one?

Looks the goods man. Just remember to eat some carbs preworkout and you'll be sweet.

Goodluck with it.

#34 MAT_G

  • Joined:21-September 10
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:S14 series 2

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

cheers guys thanks for the help, ive started it today

#35 CalebS15

  • Joined:26-December 08
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:JDM Spec R

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Definitely diet > cardio.
Of course abs are only going to be visible with a low BF% but as for exercises, try hanging leg raises, cable crunches, weighted decline sit ups etc. Mix it up because you'll find that just doing sit ups you'll adapt pretty quickly :thumb:

#36 blind_injustice

  • Joined:22-March 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:GM Test pilot

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

View Post-Truck-, on 13 December 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

View PostMAT_G, on 12 December 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

alright lets try this again

breakfast
4 eggs

morning tee
protein shake and some nuts NEEDS MORE PLANNING

lunch
chicken/meat or fish sandwich NEEDS MORE PLANNING

afternoon
tin of salmon or tuna and a piece of fruit

dinner
200-300g of chicken or meat PLAN THE REST OF THE MEAL

after workout
protein shake


hows that one?

Looks the goods man. Just remember to eat some carbs preworkout and you'll be sweet.

Goodluck with it.

With all the exercise your doing I would think you would be getting hungry?

I would add this

Breakfast: Rolled oats with 1/2 water 1/2 milk. (Add fruit if you cant stomach it)

Lunch: If you are going to have bread, make sure its multigrain/brown or turn the meal into a salad (subway do em for like $7

Dinner: Sweet potato and brown rice in the mix mate.

#37 Tom Tucker

  • Joined:21-September 06
  • Location:Australia NT
  • Car:S15

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think people who suggest no cardio are just lazy. It's part of a balanced routine in being a well rounded, healthy athlete. Whilst I agree its not the best fat burning tool, especially if you're trying to build muscle mass, and that diet is the most important thing, cardio shouldn't be overlooked

#38 Shark

  • Joined:14-April 05
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostTom Tucker, on 20 January 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I think people who suggest no cardio are just lazy. It's part of a balanced routine in being a well rounded, healthy athlete. Whilst I agree its not the best fat burning tool, especially if you're trying to build muscle mass, and that diet is the most important thing, cardio shouldn't be overlooked

If you want to be fit, do cardio.
If you want to be big, lift weights.

I've said it plenty of times.. it really depends what your goals are.

Edited by Shark, 20 January 2012 - 02:16 PM.


#39 Tom Tucker

  • Joined:21-September 06
  • Location:Australia NT
  • Car:S15

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostShark, on 20 January 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostTom Tucker, on 20 January 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I think people who suggest no cardio are just lazy. It's part of a balanced routine in being a well rounded, healthy athlete. Whilst I agree its not the best fat burning tool, especially if you're trying to build muscle mass, and that diet is the most important thing, cardio shouldn't be overlooked

If you want to be fit, do cardio.
If you want to be big, lift weights.

I've said it plenty of times.. it really depends what your goals are.

Fair call. I prefer to have a little from column A and a little from column B :)

#40 Shark

  • Joined:14-April 05
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

It's a healthy way to live :) (if ya can be fkd) Cardio is the enemy with my lungs :P)

#41 Cheap Wheels Direct

  • Joined:20-May 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Evo VII, RX8, e92

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm 175cm 71kg, the only part on my body that looks worked out is just the biceps.
Trying to get some abs, but it's not really progressing great so far.

Been doing ~100-200 of mixed crunches everyday
2x30 bicycle manouver
2x15 vertical leg crunch
2x15 captain's chair
2x30 sit ups
1m plank and side planks

Cardio about 1500-2000cal/week

And trying to eat as less as I can to help reducing BF% on weekdays:
breakfast - coffee
morning tea - 1-2tins tuna and some crackers
lunch - sandwich (either ham or chicken breast w/ cheese, letuce, tomato)
afternoon - some crackers if any
*GYM*
dinner - protein shake or small meals (only 3 dinners in 5 days)

But weekends diet is a bit difficult to control:
morning-lunch - brunch of some sort
afternoon - coffee if any
dinner - big meal (steak with chips/some asian dinner with rice/etc)
and lots of alcohol (not beer though, more like 40% and above)

Questions:
If I keep doing this, am I going to get some results? Or do I really have to get better diet on my weekends?
How's the abs training look like?

Thanks in advance, guys!! :)

#42 -Truck-

  • Joined:19-March 10
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

You will see results but it will take alot longer. I was still losing steady weight and still going out 1-2 times a weekend. As soon as I stopped that the weight basically fell off. Although when I did drink the next day I'd basically not eat until dinner and have alot of water and a protien shake. I also went for a 5km run in the late afternoon to kickstart my metabolism again.

Alcohol is just empty calories.

#43 steveP

  • Joined:05-February 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Galant VR4

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

You need something better for breakfast to get your metabolism going. If you really don't feel like eating anything, at least have a protein shake.

I think you're over doing the ab exercises. Try to mix it up with some compound exercises like dead lifts and squats that will work your core.

#44 Cheap Wheels Direct

  • Joined:20-May 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Evo VII, RX8, e92

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've tried to reduce alcohol consumption but mates are killing me, too difficult to bail out.

And yes I will try to eat something or at least a shake.
The reason I do alot of crunches is because my noob logic thinks that when I'm mixing cardio + abs workout = more fat burning in stomach, does it work like that at all?

I noticed on the previous page someone mentioned fish oil, what does it do? I checked nutritional facts of fish oil, I thought it's for protein intake, but then it's close to zero.

Thanks

#45 steveP

  • Joined:05-February 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Galant VR4

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

No, you can't target fat loss towards your abs. You would be better off running on the treadmil to burn maximum calories.

Fish oil is used for nutrients and to prevent high blood pressure.

#46 Cheap Wheels Direct

  • Joined:20-May 09
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:Evo VII, RX8, e92

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Steve. So the key is just to man up and keep running.

I think I'm just being too lazy, normally I just do 25-40mins of interval run, burning 300-500cal when I visit the gym.
I dont get it how people could run 12kmh for 20mins straight, I think ambulance will pick me up after the first half.

#47 steveP

  • Joined:05-February 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Galant VR4

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

The key is to just keep regular. 30 mins a day is fine as long as you do it everyday and your diet is relatively clean.

#48 mop

  • Joined:25-April 06
  • Location:Australia ACT
  • Car:s15

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Always struggled with the baby fat around the waist...always dreamed of having just a flat stomach without the bulge, doesn't need to be ripped like a six pack of beers.
Went overseas in January and gained 10kgs and went up a pants size, fkn sucks.
Working to get back down to 80kgs which has never been hard for me, I just can't get my tummy flat.
I never gym as I can't increase arm muscle mass cos of work(mechanic, big arms don't go well in engine bays)
I work 7 days a week 8-5, I excercise via walking/running in my area as it's very hilly like steap bad.
Food wise
breakky: 6-8 wheatbix with a cup of full cream milk, I use to add sugar but have stopped that.
Morning tea (I'm starving at this point) 2xsandwhichs(multigrain) ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber. A banana.
Lunch: 1xsandwhich same as above, red apple, tub of low fat yoghurt
dinner (hungry as by now again): usually what ever is cooked for dinner(gf is Asian so her dad always cooks with rice n either pork, chicken, beef, or fish.
Before bed being trying not to eat but if I can't divine I've been eating a carrot and two cruskits with vegemite.
I don't use butter on sangas either.

I'm not going for mass gain or any form of gym related look, just wanna be flat n healthy.

Any advice? Everyone seems pretty switched on.

#49 S3 TRXTC

  • Joined:18-June 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:banana

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postmop, on 15 February 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Always struggled with the baby fat around the waist...always dreamed of having just a flat stomach without the bulge, doesn't need to be ripped like a six pack of beers.
Went overseas in January and gained 10kgs and went up a pants size, fkn sucks.
Working to get back down to 80kgs which has never been hard for me, I just can't get my tummy flat.
I never gym as I can't increase arm muscle mass cos of work(mechanic, big arms don't go well in engine bays)
I work 7 days a week 8-5, I excercise via walking/running in my area as it's very hilly like steap bad.
Food wise
breakky: 6-8 wheatbix with a cup of full cream milk, I use to add sugar but have stopped that.
Morning tea (I'm starving at this point) 2xsandwhichs(multigrain) ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber. A banana.
Lunch: 1xsandwhich same as above, red apple, tub of low fat yoghurt
dinner (hungry as by now again): usually what ever is cooked for dinner(gf is Asian so her dad always cooks with rice n either pork, chicken, beef, or fish.
Before bed being trying not to eat but if I can't divine I've been eating a carrot and two cruskits with vegemite.
I don't use butter on sangas either.

I'm not going for mass gain or any form of gym related look, just wanna be flat n healthy.

Any advice? Everyone seems pretty switched on.

First of all plug all the amounts of what you just listed that you eat in a regular day in a calorie counting website or make your own excel spreadsheet and and get a macronutrient breakdown i.e. how much protien, fat and carbs you eat, total calories/kj's and what foods have amounts of each.

Then go to this thread: http://www.nissansil...howtopic=186074 and see how the amounts of what you eat compare to what you should be eating respective to your goals.

Then see how they match up and make changes to your diet accordingly until theyre more in line with each other.

Personally with the amounts you eat I wouldn't worry too much about gaining forearm bulk from exercise especially with how strenuous your job would be at depleting your muscle stores. More intense full body exercise will yeild you better results than walking or jogging. Intervals are great too. Just don't overdo things or you could risk injury especially if you're running a caloric deficit and not keeping up your macros or resting/recovering enough while you work in quite a physical job.

Edited by S3 TRXTC, 15 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.


#50 mop

  • Joined:25-April 06
  • Location:Australia ACT
  • Car:s15

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Ya really helpful info.
I'll look into the calorie counter thingo and see what it comes up as.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!