interior IN or OUT 

72 replies to this topic

Poll: interior IN or OUT (150 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you run as interior?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 direct

• Car:1990, AUS SPEC Z32 300ZX N/A

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

hey fella's

i've been wanting to do this for a while and finally got round to pulling the carpet out today...

what do you guys run in your car interior wise?
i would love to have no carpet, sound deadening and limit interior trim inside but am unsure as i'm guessing its going to be hell loud inside the car now that theres nothing to muffle the sound.

also for comfort, my car is a daily driven car which will, once its finished see time at the track.

so yeah, what do you have interior wise in your car and please state whether you think its good, pro's n con's about it ect.

cheers

#2 -fill-

• Car:180sx

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

if your taking everythign out, make sure you make it look neat by spraying it black or something along the lines of that.

also need to get engineering cert for the 2seater your converting it too to make it look "race spec".

wheres the option for leathers and no carpet ???

#3 direct

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

i'm not stripping it for the looks... she's N/A sr so i need to ditch as much weight as possible so i can do decent skidz but keep it DD so i dont feel like i'm driving some bunky commonwhore.

#4 im gay

• Car:180sx

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

my interior is pretty much nothing, love it. the noise isn't all that bad, you won't even notice it really. cons, on cold mornings it a prick, like hoping into a shell, so cold. pro's looks good and save's fuel.

#5 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

still got 100% of my interior, no cage etc

i really dont think taking it all out will make me drift 20% better

#6 Hobbsie

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

wheres the option of just being cbf to strip the interior? :lol:

#7 Biggie

• Car:96' Type X

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

i recomend you start with boot / front seats back strip first.

and go from there if your keen

i have my front carpet / sound deadaning whitch i see as a nice compromise

#8 ziptie

• Car:sil80 + a few

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

i have everything but back seats- not to make me drift better- but so i have a good excuse for not giving people lifts everywhere or nominated designated driver :P

#9 stewy324

• Car:sil80

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

i have all sound deadening removed, nothing in the boot, but i put front carpet back in & back seat and a bit of stereo stuff but ive got it so i can take it all out in 5 minutes, if i go to track or serious drive

#10 dan^s15

• Car:S15

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

3rd option-ness

#11 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

i will be removing the whole rear interior next weekend hopefully. boot interior, rear seats, interior panels, carpet and maybe sound deadening. see if i can get my cage welded up to b pillars and add some extra bracing too. :P

#12 SECTION-15

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

cream/tan leather interior is where its at ! in my CX-7 that is.

i just keep the s15 interior stock. cbf doing anything to the interior. rather spend the cash on something worth doing like engine mods ! :D

#13 Nissman

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

if its ur daily... whats the point?.. i would much rather a comfortable ride

build up a track and run no interior bcoz i guarantee u will be over it in no time in a daily

#14 Timmyp34

• Car:93 S13 Silvia SR20DET

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have stripped the boost and degressed all the tyre dust. Other than that its all stock and in pretty good nick i would love to strip it all out when i get time and money for the mods plates. and i cant wait to have an excause not to carry people around

#15 direct

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

ok, so i have to get my car engineered to have no carpet or sound deadening?

what i've done is stripped the boot, taken out the rear seat and have started to remove the sound deadening from under there.
i have also take out the carpet from the cabin, i discovered the carpet was wet under the passenger seat so it prob best i took it out anyway.

will be getting some dry ice to get rid of the rest of the sound deadening soon, the only thing i really noticed was the car is slightly warmer, i could feel alot more warm air around my feet, not really that big a deal but it was defiantly noticeable.

may look into getting some new carpet, mines stuffed, all wet and just looks haggid.

#16 Timmyp34

• Car:93 S13 Silvia SR20DET

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

You need a mod plate for taking the rear seats out since your change the car to an two seater from a 4 seater.

From what i understand you have to put bolts in the holes where the rear seat joins the car and rear seat belts have to be taking out and bolts in those holes to. but dont quote me on that bit.

#17 Jay-

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

All of my interior is still there. Just give it a bit more power to get it going harder.

#18 LewyTheFlyS13

• Car:1992 Nissan Silvia

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

If its a daily driver leave the carpet in.

Luckily i don't drive mine much, no AC and an rb20 with a big turbo means it gets very hot

and very noisy

Posted Image

#19 Tristan_

• Car:s13

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

LewyTheFlyS13, on 16 August 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

Luckily i don't drive mine much, no AC and an rb20 with a big turbo means it gets very hot

and very noisy

Posted Image
never get sick of your Interior chris!

#20 shaun566

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

i give it a month befor you get sick of it

did the same to my n.a S13 removed sound deadening and interior from carpet to seats parcel tray and rear boot
was my daily but also saw the track a fair bit
got over it and put it all back, looks ugly and noise started to get to me

plus dosnt help with drifting lol, maybe the sound deadeding but leave the rest in there
i just use to take the rear seat out when gonig to the track and that was so i could fit my tyres in there

also i got defected for not having a spare tyre and jack
and no interior will attract more unwanted attention

#21 direct

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

shaun566, on 16 August 2009 - 11:22 PM, said:

did the same to my n.a S13 removed sound deadening and interior from carpet to seats parcel tray and rear boot

plus dosnt help with drifting lol, maybe the sound deadeding but leave the rest in there
i just use to take the rear seat out when gonig to the track and that was so i could fit my tyres in there

your kidding right?

#22 shaun566

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

direct, on 16 August 2009 - 11:42 PM, said:

shaun566, on 16 August 2009 - 11:22 PM, said:

your kidding right?

nope i kid you not

#23 SR20NA

• Car:GSXR 750

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

LewyTheFlyS13, on 16 August 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

and very noisy

Posted Image

ive seen this car once, and couldnt stop looking at it, Very nicely done mate!.

bllbrd, on 16 August 2009 - 12:49 PM, said:

i have everything but back seats- not to make me drift better- but so i have a good excuse for not giving people lifts everywhere or nominated designated driver :P

Hahaha, i love that option.
my set up is done so that it can be in or out within a few minutes. i dont have a spare tyre or jack or any of those , just because the jack broke, and i havnt gotten a new one yet, spare tyre came out and too lazy to put back in.
but when it is all out, i love it, i like the look, it doesnt make a big enough difference on the street, but i just prefer it that way

#24 i want a silvia

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Don't do it. It won't help you at all and makes everything incredibly noisy, it also devalues your car even more (not that you care, you seem to have ruined a half-decent paint job with pressure packs)...

#25 Hawker180

• Car:180sx + Landcruiser

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

FFS its NA, why would you bother pulling interier out! It wont make it into a hectic slider, after all how much does things like the rear seat in a S13 weigh...f..all!

...then again after seeing the outside you may as well make the inside match...rough!

#26 direct

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

read my OP, i've already stripped the car, the carpet was soaking wet so i took it all out, i've already started taking out the sound deadening as i'm not running any carpet and want it to look clean.

picked myself up a welder today so i'm going to teach myself how to weld and then modify some seat rails to mount my z32 seats in the sil.

and with the paint job, its a temp thing, i'm still deciding what direction i want to go with my car, when i decide i'll buy the appropriate kit, and strip it back to bare metal, then give it a nice clean paint job inside n out.
i still dont know if i want to go with an aero front and nismo sides or go something like a vertex kit or a onevia front but when i do decide it'll be stripped and given a good paint job, i've already organised it so it will happen, just need to decide on what i want.

#27 Biggie

• Car:96' Type X

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

meh do what you like.

just get super made check floor mats

#28 direct

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

thats what i'm going to do eventually.

i really dont mind how loud the car is, i've got no muffler and twin pipes at the back so the noise isnt a problem.

#29 (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

• Car:R32 GTR, AE71 Rolla

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Just a cruiser, weekend car I just leave interior IN.

Track / Race / Drift, interior OUT.

#30 omglolz

• Car:'90 mx5

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

fillme, on 15 August 2009 - 10:32 PM, said:

if your taking everythign out, make sure you make it look neat by spraying it black or something along the lines of that.

also need to get engineering cert for the 2seater your converting it too to make it look "race spec".

wheres the option for leathers and no carpet ???

how much would that cost?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!