84 replies to this topic

#1 i_want_a_180

• Car:R33 4dr

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

was just watching this video

http://vidmax.com/video/6702/Basketball_pl..._during_a_game/

fark that looked painfull

whats your sports injury stories??

the worst i got was a concusion from rugby league. not alot but i was on the right hand side wing. and had the opposition's 2nd rower barrell straight into me, my head hit the deck, bounced up then he landed on me.

#2 timbo82

• Car:Peugeot 206 GTi Rallye

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

i got a hangover from state of origin one day, does that count

Na, I actually have had a good share of pain, some injuries, but more pain from rowing

Blisters like a c u n t and boils from rowings natural bad hygiene, some ppl in my crew got smacked the f**k out by the oar, that f**kin canes

#3 Trapper

• Car:180sx

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

broken fingers from martial arts and a broken and dislocated knee from paintball

#4 Sheepy

• Car:92 Nissan Silvia

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

I once saw a young guy break his ankle during a local game of AFL, he fell over and snapped it completely, he held it up and it just dangled there at all the wrong angles.

Someone's mum saw it happen and puked.

Edited by Sheepy, 09 January 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#5 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Torn interior ligament in my knee from soccer... Have done my ankle countless times... A few concussions, etc too. All fun and games. :)

#6 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

slipped on water on the basketball court. fell on my ass and my arms were straight to try break my fall but instead i put all the weight on my arms and fractured right elbow and broke left tumb.

8.5 weeks in plaster and 7 weeks of very very painful physio

#7 cj_sullivan

• Car:s13 1via

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

playing inline hockey ,, tore shoulder muscle and both knee mucsles
and a few crackd ribs ,, very painfull

#8 DISH-oh

• Car:LX80, GX81 & JZX100

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

well, not exactly sport, but when i was about 8 i kept sliding the flying fox handle further and further away and jumping to reach it, i missed, fell backwards on my wrist and fractured it.

A year or two later i tried to take a 'modra' off a milk crate, needless to say milk crates dont hold much traction on bitumen, fall backwards and fractured the same wrist again :lol:

#9 timbo82

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Just to show the f**kedness of a rowing oar smash

#10 jazzman

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Does playing footy in primary school count? If so me and a mate collided and his knee ended up in my eye and my eyebrow swelled up so much that I couldn't see out of it for like a week or 2. That's about as bad as my injuries have been lol.

[quote name='timbo82' post='4828502' date='Jan 9 2009, 10:02 PM']Just to show the f**kedness of a rowing oar smash

[/quote]

#11 timbo82

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

thanks for fixing my u tube jazzman, what went wrong there, i copied the shit like 3 time

#12 just_learning_import

• Car:Nil

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

I riped a massive hole on my shoulder about 3 inches long and an 2 or 3 inched wide , when I was rideing motor cross , cut a corner to close and got stabbed in the shoulder with a broken branch went all the way in till it pushed the skin out on other side of shoulder , ripped the cartlidge and muscle and some fracture as well , have a good scare to hahahaha , I kept rideing that afternoon as hospital was about 4 hours away heheheh

#13 headlock

• Car:Evolution IX

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Muay Thai and Boxing :
2 x slipped disc's. Never gotten over it, never will. In fact it will only get worse, no matter what i or anyone else does. Back injuries = the worst.
I had surgery on my back years and years ago, so there was always a weakness there. I re-injured in december 05, I did it kicking pads, during a 'kick to failure' drill. I f**king failed alright. Never been right since - keep re-injuring it and it gets worse every time. Cant kick anymore at all without it hurting me. Shit i cant do pretty much anything right now without it hurting me, including not doing anything at all - that hurts too. I skipped for 5 minutes tonight without it feeling much worse and i consider that a victory.
1 x broken metacarpal (bone just above your knuckle). Took months to heal from. On the plus side my left hand got vicious while i couldn't use my right. It never healed right so now my right hand doesn't make a proper fist anymore, the ring finger sticks out and the knuckle is just gone (its down in my hand somewhere, the x-ray is actually quite freaky). End result, it hurts to punch stuff. Which is a problem cause i like punching stuff. After a while it warms up and its ok though.
2 x broken toes. par for the course in MT. Healed crooked, look like twisties lol.
iliolumbar ligament sprain (i think this is still going on, hard to tell with all my back problems). Hurts and incapacitates you a lot more than it sounds like it would.
erector spinae sprain, still current i think. As above. Its like "yeah you could do something right now" then you do it, and its like "AHA GOT YOU! You cant do anything, have some pain instead"
mystery neck problem that wont go away - think its a problem with the upper back, keep pinching nerves and shit in there - gets uncomfortable for almost no discernable reason at times. I reckon it's a byproduct of the scoliosis i have.
plus shitloads of small stuff like black eyes, shinsplints, minor concussions, lots of soft tissue injuries, getting kicked in the f**king liver and balls - a lot (hard to pick which is worse of the two), hurt pride etc. etc.

Aikido gave me a seperated shoulder (aka grade 3 AC Joint sprain). That took months to heal properly. Didn't even like aikido either :/ Did it getting flipped in one of the routines that you do.

and the worst sprained ankle ever in indoor cricket. Took an awesome catch (if i do say so myself) off the net, but bounced off the net, caught my ankle on something and fell over my ankle. 115kg (i was a bit portly at the time) vs. ankle joint = Victory goes to fat *milkshake*. Couldn't walk for ages, whole foot and a lot of my calf went black. It was funny to show people and pretend i had some mad tropical disease or something.

#14 jazzman

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

View Posttimbo82, on Jan 9 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

thanks for fixing my u tube jazzman, what went wrong there, i copied the shit like 3 time
s'all good, you just included the 'v=' bit where you're just meant to copy the code after that.

#15 timbo82

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

View Postjazzman, on Jan 9 2009, 09:22 PM, said:

View Posttimbo82, on Jan 9 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

s'all good, you just included the 'v=' bit where you're just meant to copy the code after that.

damn, a bit trashed :lol: :rolleyes:

#16 i_want_a_180

• Car:R33 4dr

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

headlock - *&^% dude. hahaha

yeah back injuries suck ass. i get syatica(the nerve that runs in lower back down the middle of your ass) every now and then, and that is just annoying

timbo82 - what actually happened in that movie? does the ore get caught or something?

#17 slinga

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

I got collected playing a game of soccer believe it or not, torn anterior ligament in my ankle, broken cheekbone and a broken nose. I was out cold for about 5 mins and woke up on a stretcher covered in blood.

#18 RIK180

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Tore a tendant in my left knee from running too fast lol.

#19 teebs

• Car:'99 TH Magna Altera

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

Shattered left elbow playing basketball.

Playing social went up for a dunk, had hold of the ring till someone ran under my legs making me slip and land on my elbow crumbling the joint. Surgery and Pinned but still can't straighten or twist my elbow therefore can't twist my hand.

#20 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Bruised ego from losing the grand final in a local U12's basketball comp.

Damn Wakeley Warriors <_<

#21 moungy

• Car:1993 180sx SR20DET

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Broken nose x 2
Once during a soccer game copping an elbow to the face and the second time was copping an elbow during Muay Thai Kickboxing.

Tore my groin (left side - FKN OUCH) during a soccer match.

Damaged my AC Joint in my shoulder, you guessed it, during a soccer match.

Busted my right ankle, surprise surprise during soccer. Now that ankle is average at best, it crunches like a bag of chips when I roll it around.

Broke a rib during a soccer match (that one hurt like hell too, couldn't freakin breathe)

#22 sac_attack

• Car:nothing

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

In cricket i was keeper, and the batsman took a massive swing, missed the ball and hit me straight in the face. The right side of my face was swollen so much i couldnt see out of my right eye. I got some time off school so it was a blessing in a way lol

#23 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

meh I've been pretty lucky, never really been injured

However lat, rhomboid and trap pulls are pretty shit - not being able to move your neck properlly and stabbing pains when you breath gets pretty annoying after a while

my shoulders and knees are starting to feel some wear and tear from a few years of lifting, but that's the way it is..

#24 Ranger Nath

• Car:ford ranger

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:08 AM

playing cricket, NYE afternon match.
fielded silly point in the last over, didnt bother getting a helmet, got a cricket ball fair straight in the left eye,
lifted the layer off my eye sue to this, no real new years for me.
to this day my left eye is still pointing slightly towards the left,

#25 Wannabe S14/15 owner

• Car:'09 SV6 ute

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

I ruptured my patella tendon in my left knee when I was doing athletics ages ago. Hurt like a bitch and it was very slow to heal.

But as far as recently goes, my worst one is pretty embarassing. I broke a finger playing mixed netball (let me just say right away, some of the chicks on my team are hot!!!!). The story gets worse, I broke the finger after the game had already finished and I was so embarassed about it that I just treated it myself using tape. And so two nights later I had to play a basketball game - hurt like a bitch.....

#26 JMac

• Car:S13

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

hmmm, broke both ankles twice.
Right one twice in soccer, and left once in soccer once skateborading.

few broken fingers from AFL.
torn ligament in right ankle (the most painfull thing by far, was on crutches for months, ligament tore OFF!!!)

few concusions, and dislocated elbow....
mum clearly didnt push the glass of milk theory wen i was young

#27 Jaytee

• Car:180sx

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

broke my leg playing soccer - both the tib and fib.. it was quite yummy... bone almost ripped through the muscles and skin...

also was sculpting my guns and had massive deep burns on my ubulus muscle that connects to the upper dorsinus.. its boring... but its apart of my life.

#28 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

i raced bmx for close to 15 years, then moved onto downhill mountain biking...ive had some good ones

-need both knees reco'd
-broken both wrists countless times
- right ankles fubared. broken it 3 times. (not including sprains)
-currently have a torn rotator cuff.
-currently have stress fractures across my foot.
-broken collarbone
-broken all my fingers on my right hand. snapped them due to going over bars and being caught in brake lever...
-ribs.... f**k i hate breaking ribs.

thats it off the top of my head, should post up xrays and such of shit with plates n screws in it.....

#29 moungy

• Car:1993 180sx SR20DET

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

Sounds like most of us on here are disfigured cripples... :D

#30 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

When i was young i was on a bike riding with a few others on a dirt bike track in the sticks.
I stacked it, backwards, down a massive hill ^_^
A giant rock half the size of me broke my fall, and almost broke my back. I couldnt breath for a while but after that passed i only had a massive cut on my back.

Lifting weights at a gym i f**ked my back many times doing squats.

Running for about 3 hours straight with bad shoes on concrete, I couldnt walk for the next 3 days after cause i had torn my ligaments on my ankles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!