Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
RSP13 180sx fuel tank leaks - Hardtuned.net

RSP13 180sx fuel tank leaks 

what am I doing wrong
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidg2152

• Car:S13 SR20DET

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Took the race car out today and didnt last 1 lap. Got kicked off for a leaking tank. It appears to have stemmed from the cradle atop the tank. I recently added a new Taarks seal and new efi hoses and clamps. Did it all up and it weaps ALOT of fuel from the cradle. Almost like it is pushing up through the screws etc.

Made a hell of a mess and had no track time.

Is there a trick or have I neglected something. I have no idea what else to try.

Dave

#2 (Locky)

• Car:kouki s14

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

mosst likly pinched the O ring or fuel has got on it while installing and it expanded

Old 13 did the same after I tried to reuse an old O ring that got soaked in fuel, expanded, then wasnt seating properly and got pinched

#3 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'd also suggest you check that the breather tube [connecting the tank to the Charcoal Cannister] isn't blocked. Disconnect it, blast the tube clear with an air compressor, then blast air through the tube and confirm that it vents through the Charcoal Cannister.

#4 davidg2152

• Car:S13 SR20DET

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

AWESOME thanks boys on it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!