Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
sr20det auto 1st to 2nd gear lag - Hardtuned.net

sr20det auto 1st to 2nd gear lag 

8 replies to this topic

#1 noob180

• Car:180sx

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

hey, i have had this problem for a while but never really talked about it.
its a 180sx sr20det auto, and when i fully rip the car, while it reaches 7.4krpm in gear 1, it will have some delay, which results the rpm staying in same position, after about 1sec it will then jump into 2nd gear....
the transmission fluid was changed roughly before, about 1.5-2yrs ago.

would i need another transmission fluid change? or will it be other stuff getting stuffed?
thanks in advance guys

#2 MCD

• Car:S15 200sx

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

does it bounce off the rev limiter? But a fluid change wouldnt do it no harm at all, i recomend Castrol Transmax Z. I use it on my S15 auto.

#3 noob180

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

eh.......after u said about it......i think it does bounce off that 7.4k limit a bit........

#4 kingjumbo

• Car:97 180sx

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:58 PM

man change the fluid! i once bought an automatic sr20de nx for 1100 coz the dude thought it was f**ked, it had the same problem but even more severe, like 2nd gear wouldn't change into 3rd gear hardly at all, you had to play around with the throttle before it would change, so you'd be driving along at 60kph reving the shit out of it lookin like a true bell-end.. i spent $15 on some fluid at the servo, drove the car down the great western highway for 1/2 hour and it then changed gears sweet as and i sold it for 3500 like 2 weeks later lol

#5 K3GZOR

• Car:black CA18DE S13....NOW AN RB25DET

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:02 PM

lol i lost to a bogan the other night due to the very same problem *cry* manual HERE I COME

SOB got to second faster it was a very short race.. meh oh well

#6 darkone

• Car:Silvia

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

could be throttle position sensor ?

Change the oil first and c if that helps tho

#7 fujiwara_tofu_shop

• Car:de+t onevia, r34 gt-t

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

View Postkingjumbo, on Mar 11 2007, 10:41 PM, said:

man change the fluid! i once bought an automatic sr20de nx for 1100 coz the dude thought it was f**ked, it had the same problem but even more severe, like 2nd gear wouldn't change into 3rd gear hardly at all, you had to play around with the throttle before it would change, so you'd be driving along at 60kph reving the shit out of it lookin like a true bell-end.. i spent $15 on some fluid at the servo, drove the car down the great western highway for 1/2 hour and it then changed gears sweet as and i sold it for 3500 like 2 weeks later lol
+1
also on another note there is some no bullsh!t stuff on the market ( goes in the shed looking for the name of the stuff for u) lucas automatic stop slip. used on american drag autos etc very very good stuff mate i carnt tell u how good this stuff is,, got it from supercheap for $25 its in a wierd looking white bottle about 1 litre in size and has a little spout on the top to fill ur transmition with!

#8 Mirage11

• Car:Ford Focus XR5 Turbo (Red)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

I am quite interested to hear peoples responses on this too.
I have a similar problem with my Auto box under full power.

In first gear it pulls really hard up to the redline on full power but sticks for about a second before changing into second gear. I have all the Mods listed in my signature plus a big Auto Transmission oil cooler. Tranny Fluid changed regularly.

I have always wondered if the auto box is simply getting worn out or just struggling under the strain of 202rwkw.

#9 noob180

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

yeh, iam gonna try find someone that can change the fluid for me but with a pump to pump all the old fluid out
and throttle position has been chnaged, old and new one all the same, old one was all good so is the new one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!