Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
New Rims br0 - Hardtuned.net

Jump to content


New Rims br0 

85 replies to this topic

#1 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

Picked up meself some new rims for the s13. They are WORK 17inch 17x8.5 or rear and 17x 8 front i believe. Looking at getting 25mm spacers. What do you guys think....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 serious14_guy

  • Joined:30-May 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:rx7

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

is good, but car needs to be lower

#3 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

View Postpulsar_guy, on Mar 9 2007, 03:52 PM, said:

is good, but car needs to be lower

front guards are already rubbing

#4 kingjumbo

  • Joined:10-April 06
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:97 180sx

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

looks good man, now u just need to get ur windows tinted to fit in with the black theme u got goin on.. oy what suspension setup u have in ur car? height looks perfect i reckon

#5 serious14_guy

  • Joined:30-May 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:rx7

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

LOWER I SAID!!

#6 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

View Postkingjumbo, on Mar 9 2007, 03:55 PM, said:

looks good man, now u just need to get ur windows tinted to fit in with the black theme u got goin on.. oy what suspension setup u have in ur car? height looks perfect i reckon

Tein coilovers....fronts are too low i rekon

#7 jake180

  • Joined:03-July 03
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

Lower. U dumb ass, that's already low. Look at the guard gap. It looks high cos he is sensible and hasn't god a wogged kit on it. If scrubbing change to a slightly narrower tyre or a lower profile. :)

#8 BillyE

  • Joined:28-July 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

TOP have already looked into these rims and fitment, rear should be lower, front is fine with height., front needs 10-15mm spacers

#9 Guest_078

  • Joined:23-July 04
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

#10 AussieJZX100

  • Joined:30-January 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 Chaser

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:16 PM, said:

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

which TOP people dont grill ppl bout stretch? they shall be dealt with :lol:


t0p hardc0rez br0

#11 Guest_078

  • Joined:23-July 04
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:16 PM, said:

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

which TOP people dont grill ppl bout stretch? they shall be dealt with :lol:


t0p hardc0rez br0

Don't know who dude... but i always see chastisement regarding offset (which is farkin sick!!! about time Australia gets our shit together) But rarely see chastisement regarding bulging tyres...

Its also time to reward fast drift transitions Hey Aussie!

#12 AussieJZX100

  • Joined:30-January 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 Chaser

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:16 PM, said:

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

which TOP people dont grill ppl bout stretch? they shall be dealt with :lol:


t0p hardc0rez br0

Don't know who dude... but i always see chastisement regarding offset (which is farkin sick!!! about time Australia gets our shit together) But rarely see chastisement regarding bulging tyres...

Its also time to reward fast drift transitions Hey Aussie!

f**king oath

no wonder the japs started using the 100 general points system a long time ago... there is way too much to judge other than just speed line and angle


fast transitions will be the next learnt/taught technique i rekkon

looks f**king wild and is alot more challenging than a slow and boring transition... milk every corner for all its worth i say ;)

#13 Whoratio™

  • Joined:05-January 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:its got 4 wheels and a motor 'n shit

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

What is this drift you speak of?

Can I do it in my Corolla?

#14 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

View PostWhoratio™, on Mar 9 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

What is this drift you speak of?

Can I do it in my Corolla?

yes you can in a shitbox






:P

#15 Softy

  • Joined:17-July 03
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

not bad. reminds me of my old black sil with when it had black meshys

#16 JAP_TAXI

  • Joined:16-May 06
  • Car:FC RX7

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

i rate it,

looks tough...

(looks at 18's sitting room, damn 5-0)

#17 GROOV3

  • Joined:11-December 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:EVO

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

needs a cooler hanging out the front and rolled rear guards then space the wheels out a bit with stretched tyres

#18 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

View PostGROOV3, on Mar 9 2007, 06:52 PM, said:

needs a cooler hanging out the front and rolled rear guards then space the wheels out a bit with stretched tyres

already have a cooler. spray painted black.

might be getting wheelworx to roll/do bolt on spacers 25mm, 15mm on front

#19 Karbonyte

  • Joined:12-October 03
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

View PostBillyE, on Mar 9 2007, 04:34 PM, said:

TOP have already looked into these rims and fitment, rear should be lower, front is fine with height., front needs 10-15mm spacers

Posted Image

Any lower in the rear, and you've got mad hektic reverse rake.

LETS ALL LOOK AT THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!

#20 killa

  • Joined:19-December 03
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:1994 Toyota Supra Aero-Top

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

offset looks nice fronts need to to be out a bit more with 10-15 mm spacers rear looks fine running spacers on the rear and your tyres will be madly hanging outside of the guards

#21 Shy_s6

  • Joined:22-May 03
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:depends wat month it is

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

View Postkilla, on Mar 9 2007, 07:51 PM, said:

offset looks nice fronts need to to be out a bit more with 10-15 mm spacers rear looks fine running spacers on the rear and your tyres will be madly hanging outside of the guards

of course they look nice to you mr +40 is fine :S

30mm all round wider front gaurds n rears rolled n flared mmm jappy

#22 Iron Chef

  • Joined:14-August 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Datsun, Lancer GLi

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 07:31 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:16 PM, said:

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

which TOP people dont grill ppl bout stretch? they shall be dealt with :lol:


t0p hardc0rez br0

Don't know who dude... but i always see chastisement regarding offset (which is farkin sick!!! about time Australia gets our shit together) But rarely see chastisement regarding bulging tyres...

Its also time to reward fast drift transitions Hey Aussie!

f**king oath

no wonder the japs started using the 100 general points system a long time ago... there is way too much to judge other than just speed line and angle


fast transitions will be the next learnt/taught technique i rekkon

looks f**king wild and is alot more challenging than a slow and boring transition... milk every corner for all its worth i say ;)

I told the DA/SD drivers about the importance getting fast transitions at drivers' briefing at Mallala last April, and as Angle judge I've been rewarding it at every comp, so pipe down or you'll be getting zero this year...

#23 NS.com Thug

  • Joined:09-June 03
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:RX-7

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

I am unfortunately going to cause a rift in T.O.P and disagree with Bill. The car needs to be running 215/45R17s all round to ensure slight stretch of the tyre, and the front needs to be lowered so that the tyres are dead flush with the guards. Then using sill heights, the rear needs to be lowered to keep the sill panel evenly spaced from the ground. Once these modifications have been done, I will advise on spacer requirements ;)
Depending on the requirements of the car, camber may also need to be addressed before further information can be supplied.


Ryan, some TOP members are less nazi than others. Bill is a kind, loving person at heart, so he lets some things slip. I aim for perfection every time ;)

#24 BillyE

  • Joined:28-July 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

The fact that i said he needs spacers at the front even though they already sit almost flush means he'd have to go a stretch tyre anyway.

Moving along, TOP must live what they preach, Benny i need to put my rims on ima call you about them 215's to go on my 9s.

#25 AussieJZX100

  • Joined:30-January 04
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 Chaser

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostIron Chef, on Mar 9 2007, 11:16 PM, said:

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 07:31 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

View PostAussie Sil80, on Mar 9 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

View Post5LEEPER, on Mar 9 2007, 04:16 PM, said:

Kenny, when your tyres are bald and its time for new ones, knock off about 20mm on tyre width, will not only help with clearance but look farkin tuff!!!

i still cant understand why TOP grill people so much about offsets, but neglect to grill about tyre stretch... THEY GO HAND IN HAND MOFO'S!

which TOP people dont grill ppl bout stretch? they shall be dealt with :lol:


t0p hardc0rez br0

Don't know who dude... but i always see chastisement regarding offset (which is farkin sick!!! about time Australia gets our shit together) But rarely see chastisement regarding bulging tyres...

Its also time to reward fast drift transitions Hey Aussie!

f**king oath

no wonder the japs started using the 100 general points system a long time ago... there is way too much to judge other than just speed line and angle


fast transitions will be the next learnt/taught technique i rekkon

looks f**king wild and is alot more challenging than a slow and boring transition... milk every corner for all its worth i say ;)

I told the DA/SD drivers about the importance getting fast transitions at drivers' briefing at Mallala last April, and as Angle judge I've been rewarding it at every comp, so pipe down or you'll be getting zero this year...

:wub: good to hear :P

#26 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

Cheers for the comments guys. I think the rears are due for some new rubber soon. Not sure what size to run tho, but something stretched..

Wheelworx best place for this?

#27 Smooth Garage

  • Joined:26-October 05
  • Car:nissan onevia

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

is that pic taking on goodwood road CLG??

#28 MattJZX100

  • Joined:04-January 06
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:JZX100 CHASER

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:24 PM

View Postoneviaboy19, on Mar 10 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

is that pic taking on goodwood road CLG??

haha Yes :ph34r:

next to coles or watever it is

#29 Professor Cool

  • Joined:18-March 03
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

zOMG TOP APPROVED my car

pathetic really build ure car so you like it not so u can get approval from a whole load of wankers :P :)

if it looks fat you shouldnt have to ask ppl weather it does or not cause they will automatically know when they see it..

#30 Squinty

  • Joined:19-April 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:1986 S4 Mazda Rx7

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

i need new rimzors with the maddesst offest known to man.

someone with the contects give squidlips the hookups cheep cheep.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!