←  Nissan Silvia (nissansilvia.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

ppl who drive with s13 fog lights on...

1 2 3 4 5

Poll: Fog lights when not foggy (427 member(s) have cast votes)

People who drive with fog lights on when not foggy are...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Senna's Photo Senna 23 May 2006

I think they are annoying, plus they look shit :lol:

Fog lights are for just that, fog. And it's not like we cop any thick euro-style fog here anyway. Although they aren't as bad as dickheads that have rear fog lights on BOTH tail-lights and insist on leaving them on all the time. Kinda looks like they are riding the brakes

Dori_Garu's Photo Dori_Garu 23 May 2006

OK, i have an s13 as most of you know.
ANY s13 driver will agree with me on this one that s13 lights ARE HOPELESS. When the fog lights are you, you can acctually see where you are going.
Yes they are illigal - about a month ago i got pulled up and this bitch tried to defect me for them (and some other stuff :blink: )
Yeah so dont diss people that have them on whilst driving down dark ish roads coz without them u cant see sh*t.
When i first got my car i was like 'man how sick am i ive got yellow lights' and had them on all the time but then i realised i looked like a tool and just have them on when im driving somewhere a bit dark, or when ive got one light bulb thingo about to blow or blown, like i do atm :angry: (and before anyone says anything the high beam lights are shit too)
So to all you that are dissin people that use them to SEE ......... STFU.

Jessie :)

sbsilvia90's Photo sbsilvia90 23 May 2006

i always drove round with my fog lights on at night simply because the silvia lights were so hopeless and dim and i needed the foggies on to feel safer. The one time i was pulled over when i didnt have my foggies on, the cops complained that my headlights were too dim and i was not allowed to drive the car any further. When i chucked the foggies on they changed their minds and said it was ok! Since then i had even more reason to drive with them on at night.

The other reason i like em is that i can spot another silvia a mile away lol

Picard's Photo Picard 23 May 2006

^^^So the solution then seems to be for all S13 owners to ditch the stock useless headlamps and upgrade to Xenon/bright white globes :yes: Cheap $30 upgrade and well worth it.

xXJackXx's Photo xXJackXx 24 May 2006

i drive with them on sometimes when its a dark country road, it does light the area up a bit more. Though i often knock the stupid button when i get into the car and you dont know there on because there is nothing on the dash to say that there on

Picard's Photo Picard 24 May 2006

So the fog lights have a seperate switch? Where's it located just out of curiosity?

bakatono's Photo bakatono 24 May 2006

it looks crap

but i do it at night, the stock headlights are a really narrow beam

i aimed my foggies down to the normal headlight level and it almost doubles what i can see on the road

Dori_Garu's Photo Dori_Garu 24 May 2006

View PostPicard, on May 24 2006, 01:59 PM, said:

So the fog lights have a seperate switch? Where's it located just out of curiosity?

Its to the right of the steering wheel and below the window de-mister i think? its a big button and so easy to knock on with ur knee when ur getting in the car - i do it all the time too :blink:

lowriderfalcon's Photo lowriderfalcon 24 May 2006

i always do it accidentally aswell

must be a known problem

edison's Photo edison 24 May 2006

My old S13 the fog lights were hooked up to the high beams there was no button for it. The lights were pretty useless even with the highbeams on it was still sh*t

baru's Photo baru 24 May 2006

Its to the right of the steering wheel and below the window de-mister i think? its a big button and so easy to knock on with ur knee when ur getting in the car - i do it all the time too

haha i always wanted 2 know what this button did, now i know ;)

when ppl were saying fog lights i thought they just ment low beam, my previous statement still stands but maybe i might be able to see at nite..

i remember when i picked up my car.. driving home 100km's from outta melb, and remember saying god damn i cant see sh!t, it ill be lucky if i actually do make it home.. the low beam head lights are so damn sh!t...

Hanso's Photo Hanso 24 May 2006

When I had them, they were good on a foggy mountain run but other than that I never used them

Chill Will's Photo Chill Will 24 May 2006

Mainly put this poll up because i've seen people driving around the city in fairly well lit areas, not because of highway driving etc which is understandable because silvia lights are relatively shit.

But even so I was heading back from sydney to canberra the other night and put them on, and they were pretty useless. They made dick all difference to the brightness of the road ahead of me. Better off with high beams.

oneVia2_be_driver's Photo oneVia2_be_driver 24 May 2006

Who gives a f**k, thats all i have to say

dori senpai's Photo dori senpai 24 May 2006

:woot: :woot:

bakatono's Photo bakatono 24 May 2006

heheh i changed to some blue/white bulbs, probably a chinese copy. when one blew, i put one original bulb back in which appears to be brighter. strange, because the chinese ones were labelled 100w...

i want to gut out the yellow stuff from the headlight but dont know how

Quad's Photo Quad 24 May 2006

I use them when there is Fog or if it's pissing down with rain. No other reason to have them on.

Silvia_Ryda's Photo Silvia_Ryda 25 May 2006

its not just s13's, most new cars come with fog lights these days and i hate seeing people with light fogs on during a nice sunny day...

i understand theyre there for a purpose, if people need them to light up the road in front good on them, but they shouldnt be driving with fog and parkers on

i want a silvia's Photo i want a silvia 27 May 2006

I drive with them on because my headlights aren't that great, and they do help a lot. However, they aren't pointed too high up so they blind other motorists.

rambunctious1's Photo rambunctious1 27 May 2006

^^ditto^^

baru's Photo baru 27 May 2006

mine dont work :blush: .. could have something 2 do with the blue neon glow in my footwells..

oh well :( my lights are soooooooo sh!t.. like very dangeriously bad.. my mate said they are half as bright as his stock (s13 aswell) lights.. looks like i need 2 upgrade them..

=]

the new kid's Photo the new kid 29 May 2006

it may be totally pointless like in the city, dark back roads i can see it....but if they wanna look like dumbasses....hell....let em!

s-13dr1ft's Photo s-13dr1ft 29 May 2006

i always use to drive with all 3 on. s13headlights are f**king shit. highbeam on them is like my mums highbeam on here commodore.

blazin13's Photo blazin13 30 May 2006

ha, ill have to admit i sometimes drive with the fogies on, even made a seprate switch for em....

timmah's Photo timmah 30 May 2006

i just use the fog lights wheneva i got the headlights on so i can actually see

JDM-RPS13's Photo JDM-RPS13 30 May 2006

saw a dude today with s13 foglights turned on while driving, in the middle of the day when its sunny, dosnt make any sense, :huh:

4teecal's Photo 4teecal 31 May 2006

Wanker lights I say. It even says in most manuals that you use them in fog and rain yet some knobs insist on ricin' it up down George St with their foggies on.

Worst offenders and commo, falcon and rexxy drivers

.::GABBA::.'s Photo .::GABBA::. 02 Jun 2006

I never used to, but when i read this post, i have occasionally turned them on, but it never lasts, i end up turning them back off within minutes, dont know why, just dont really see a point to having them on. I guess they kinda look ok though

R31DRFTR's Photo R31DRFTR 27 Jun 2006

Does anyone know if you can take out the yellow cover?

Guest_Drift-Junkie_* 27 Jun 2006

I just got a S13 an i dnt no if its just mine but it has the WORST lights ever i need high beams fog everything i can use, just 2 c, & im not that blind B)
1 2 3 4 5