Looking to purchase Evo 8... severly Faded Brembos.. 

14 replies to this topic

#1 black_S15_sleepa

• Car:S15 Silvia (200sx) Jap Spec R

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

hey guys,

thought id try NS. Evolution Oz has been a night mare to try and become registered

inspected and test drove my first evo 8 yesterday, fell in love.

my concern is the red brembos were servely faded.... does this indicate high Km?? car supposedly has 58000 km, and i know this is very likely to be nonsense.

is it common to have brembos fade after only 58000km?

Edited by black_S15_sleepa, 30 March 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#2 NewyJosh

• Car:Evo 8

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

More then likely its seen track use and the temps made the paint fade,, easy fixed but.. Mine were faded a dull pinkish colour (60000kms) when I purchased my old Evo 8, but never made me 2nd guess the purchase.. they are an awesome car mate. get a mechanic to check it out and make sure the calipers wont need rebuilding just in case..

#3 black_S15_sleepa

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

cheers mate, i guess my main concern is wound back km and faded calipers were a sign of it.

even if it has had track work the car seems immaculate and very clean and straight underneath also. coming from an S15, it was certainly a different experience. one i know your familair with too :) i remember you had the blue s15 worked by powertune!

#4 NewyJosh

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Other signs of wound back kms are, Driver side seat wear on the bolster where u hop in an out(unless replaced).

Have u managed to get undernearth it and have a look? When i was looking for an 8 i checked out this black GSR and looked schmick until we got it up on the hoist and there were that many leaks it wasnt funny.
It definatly is a different experience from an s15 but one to be taken with open arms :).. They feel like a go-kart to drive and I just couldnt believe how much grip they have.

Yeah mate sure did have the built s15 by powertune.. I do miss the car but going to an evo really opened my eyes.

Hope u find an amazing evo that u really enjoy mate :).. they are easy to Modify just like an SR and they do love the e85.. :)

#5 NewyJosh

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Lol my bad just seen that underneath is straight and clean :thumb:

#6 Dandrenat

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

just a question, isn't the EVO 8 Odo digital?

#7 NewyJosh

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yes

#8 LISTEN_180SX

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

I just sold my VIII - thought it might have been you that bought it! lol...

#9 black_S15_sleepa

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostNewyJosh, on 30 March 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Other signs of wound back kms are, Driver side seat wear on the bolster where u hop in an out(unless replaced).

Have u managed to get undernearth it and have a look? When i was looking for an 8 i checked out this black GSR and looked schmick until we got it up on the hoist and there were that many leaks it wasnt funny.
It definatly is a different experience from an s15 but one to be taken with open arms :).. They feel like a go-kart to drive and I just couldnt believe how much grip they have.

Yeah mate sure did have the built s15 by powertune.. I do miss the car but going to an evo really opened my eyes.

Hope u find an amazing evo that u really enjoy mate :).. they are easy to Modify just like an SR and they do love the e85.. :)

haha yer just really have my heart set on an Evo 8. such a raw car....

we put this one up on the hoist and it was sprayed black underneath. i asked why he did this and he said that its "anti rust coat" got me wondering maybe he is just covering the rust??

View PostLISTEN_180SX, on 30 March 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

how much did you sell if you dont mind me asking? km? i take it your calipers were also faded?

#10 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Anti-Rust coat AKA POR-15, only good if it's been cleaned properly beforehand but good stuff.

#11 MidnightMods

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

They use shit clear coat on the calipers, I make brembo evo brake upgrade kits for many cars and once the calipers get hot they will fade, the darker the red the harder they have been driven.

#12 Iron Chef

• Car:Datsun, Lancer GLi

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

I took my Evo 8 to a track day and watched the clear coat cracking off the calipers lol

#13 MidnightMods

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

like pealing p.v.c glue off your hands in primary school all over again..

#14 headlock

• Car:Evolution IX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

yeah the clear coat is shit on the evo brembos. if it even gets a sniff of brake fluid half of it will peel off lol.

#15 LISTEN_180SX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

View Postblack_S15_sleepa, on 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

View PostLISTEN_180SX, on 30 March 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

how much did you sell if you dont mind me asking? km? i take it your calipers were also faded?

Had it advertised for $28,500 but had to negotiate down a little bit before i got a sale. It had a few basic mods (200kw) and 49,000kms on it (all signs pointed to them being genuine kms, or at least close to it), and yup the calipers were faded - typical!

Edited by LISTEN_180SX, 05 April 2012 - 01:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!