It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

VW bora running rich 

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jizzy

• Car:S13 SILVIA

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

hey everyone, i apologies in advance for the short essay BUT I REALLY NEED HELP!

mum recently bought a 2.0L VW bora. great little car, but there is are-ocuring problem thats causing problems (and me, the only person inthe house who knows about cars, is getting yelled about it)

THE PROBLEM: the car runs rich! went to solitare in Adelaide, and theyadvised us to drive it up to Mount lofty so that the mixtures willreset and it will be fine. took it up there and then it was fine. 3-4weeks later, same thing, rough idle and rich as a mofo.

went back to solitare, they didnt want to know anything about it, theygave me the same advice. they said the reason why it happens is becausewe live at sea level and the car is suited to higher altitudes Posted Image

the car HAS had the airflow meter replaced

so at the moment ive been trecking up to Lofty every few weeks (and i havnt got time or patients anymore!)

is there any solution to my problem? remap? is there a faulty sensor? HELP! Posted Image

#2 golf4

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

View PostJizzy, on 13 September 2009 - 11:36 AM, said:

hey everyone, i apologies in advance for the short essay BUT I REALLY NEED HELP!

mum recently bought a 2.0L VW bora. great little car, but there is are-ocuring problem thats causing problems (and me, the only person inthe house who knows about cars, is getting yelled about it)

THE PROBLEM: the car runs rich! went to solitare in Adelaide, and theyadvised us to drive it up to Mount lofty so that the mixtures willreset and it will be fine. took it up there and then it was fine. 3-4weeks later, same thing, rough idle and rich as a mofo.

went back to solitare, they didnt want to know anything about it, theygave me the same advice. they said the reason why it happens is becausewe live at sea level and the car is suited to higher altitudes Posted Image

the car HAS had the airflow meter replaced

so at the moment ive been trecking up to Lofty every few weeks (and i havnt got time or patients anymore!)

is there any solution to my problem? remap? is there a faulty sensor? HELP! Posted Image

Upstream oxy sensor....

#3 Jizzy

• Car:S13 SILVIA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

ive been disconnecting the battery every time it plays up and then its fine for a month or 2

but oxy sensor is my suspicion to

just gota wait till my mate at solitaire has time to scan the ecu for error codes

#4 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

Air Flow Meter would have been my first option for it, too.

But yeah, I've put oxygen sensors in them too for the same problem and it's fixed it. The oxygen sensors generally fail due to a fkd Air Flow Meter. Hopefully the catalytic converter hasn't shat itself too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!