Aftermarket head unit - 2008 with Bose 

4 replies to this topic

#1 silvias15

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone have any experience with fitting an aftermarket headunit onto a 2008 350z with bose stereo? I have bought a pioneer avic F910BT and want to utilise the exisitng amp and speakers as well as be able to use the steering wheel controls.
The PAC website states the NIS2 is only compatible for use up to 2007 models.

#2 MITCH_21

• Car:2003 Nissan 350Z

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Im in the same boat atm

I have been told that i should not change any of the Bose standard sterio in my 350Z without upgrading all of it
I kno it sounds painful doing everything at one but thats what im goin to try and do

If you want to change just your headunit i dont kno how the Bose Amp will take that?
I hav read on US forums that they are extreemly easy to blowup on installation if you dont kno what your doing

#3 SLEEPE

• Car:S15

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Check out the Rockford Fosgate OEM interface Signal Processors. Its call the 3Sxity.

Using the steering wheels controls is prob a lot more complex.

Its apparently what they used in this Custom 350Z Stereo Install - http://www.zclub.com...stereo-install/

#4 Aym23q

• Car:S15

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think there is an adapter thatlinks your steering controls. It's been years since I was in the car audio industry so can't remember much more lol

#5 silvias15

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

I ended up sourcing a steering wheel control interface from the UK. http://www.incartec.co.uk and used a four channel line output converter made by PAC (PAC SOEM-4)to utilise the existing amp and speakers. Sound quality isn't as good as the original bose head unit, but it'll suffice for my needs.
Installation was a nightmare, limited space behind dash, cramped cabin and never ending wires to connect! All in all, it was worth the effort though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!