Bike, Car Or both 

24 replies to this topic

#1 SR20NA

• Car:GSXR 750

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ok so here's the deal, i find when i focus on riding, and associate myself with a big riding group, i tend to get tunnel vision and completly disrigard Import and modifying cars. ill occasionally dabble back into the modifying scene, but its not long before i need to go for a ride again, i crave it much more then a crave to drive.

so ive been in the condundrum of
A ) stay with current bike, upgrade car
B ) upgrade bike, leave car
C ) both ( but will inflict debt, obviously unwanted )

now im not on here asking for financial advice. what im asking is wether you have put aside your car scene to fuel you riding addiction. it may not be as much an addiction to you, so you may just have a bike to putt around in, and keep your import. or you may be lucky and have both.

#2 _chris_

• Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

I ditched the car for the bike. Im going to upgrade the bike shortly and I've forgotten about cars. It's only when I hang around mates still into cars that I consider getting another one but that only lasts 30 mins. I think of upgrading my bike constantly.

#3 C_MY_VIA

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Upgrade your bike its what I am doing...Bikes are where its at..especially if you have a group of mates to ride with. I have completely gotten over modifying cars, although I do enjoy having a nice daily that stays out of trouble and is comfortable to cruise in.

#4 Ambully

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Bikes are were its at but adelaide needs a good track with constant open days. Adelaide roads are just way to crap to make me want to stay in the bike scene. In the perfect world we'd have both of course.

#5 18LE

• Car:zx10r

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Riding is addictive, the scene is better, its cheaper, defects are easy to clear, more power than you can use on the street and you get to wear skin tight leather all you need is a sunny day and a $15 tank of petrol

#6 zozo32

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

i ditched my import last year for a nice daily and a bike, its just a 250r. looking to upgrade the bike shortly and keep the is200. i personally think its the way to go. riding is much more enjoyable but when i cbf i have a nice and comfortable car to get around in without any cop attention. as chris said when around mates, or when i see an import i consider getting one but then when i think of all the headaches that come with it, in this day and age its just not worth it.

my 2c.

#7 Danny_S15

• Car:nissan 200sx s15 spec s gt

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

go the bike for sure. i want to sell my s15 and focus on bikes, maybe get a 4WD or something as a daily and fishing bus. only recently have i made the switch to bikes, and the thrill get from a bike you can never get in a car

#8 SR20NA

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

View Post18LE, on 21 January 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

Riding is addictive, the scene is better, its cheaper, defects are easy to clear, more power than you can use on the street and you get to wear skin tight leather all you need is a sunny day and a $15 tank of petrol

the reason i got a bike:P haha nar but im glad to see that everyone else is having the same thoughts as me.

And lets be honest, how much better is traffic on a bike then a heavy duty clutch and locked diff:P

#9 MidnightMods

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

I havn't had a modded car in years, Its good, I drive a 4x4 for work, go bush bashing it in . Never get any cop problems.. Last time I went thru a RBT station with every part of the car covered in mud, smashed head light and broken exhaust. They didn't do a thing after the test..

Getting myself a nice 4x4, clubsport for a daily, keep the race car for track only, and look at a jetski this coming summer and see what change I have left over for a bike

#10 -Gaz-

• Car:CBR, S14

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Both. I'm hugely into riding at the moment but I still love to drive my S13 . I can't handle not riding for a few days....where as I haven't driven my S13 for 2 weeks.

The thing I really like about my bike is, performance wise it shits all over my car and it's stock as a rock so it wont be defected!

#11 bloodzkull

• Car:92 r32 gtr skyline. 85 single cab 4wd hulix (vn v6) and a 71 datsun 1600

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

upgrade the bike. and get a cheap daily.

i had several cars before i bought my bike including a a 280hp sileighty and a 480hp 32 gtr.
the gtr is the only one that comes close to giving me the same enjoyment as the bike, and the bike is only a vfr400...

i ownly own a bike at the moment, and am looking to get my 4wd on the road, both for convenience and work.
but i've lost the bug for modifying most cars now, and it's only the cars i truly love that i would spend money on now.

#12 JamesGT

• Car:Mazda2

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hey why dont just try to focus on bike in summer and focus on car in winter!!

For me what I do is focus on bike now and just find a comfortable car for sometimes u really need to drive

#13 SR20NA

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

View PostJamesGT, on 22 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

For me what I do is focus on bike now and just find a comfortable car for sometimes u really need to drive

Haha i live in far north QLD, it rains for 3 months of summer then BEAUTIFUL riding wether for the rest of the year.
i am leaning towards the bike, but i was just curious as to what other people think, because my car mates here dont ride, and bike mates to modify, so i thought this would be the best demographic to ask.

#14 JamesGT

• Car:Mazda2

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

View PostSR20NA, on 22 January 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

View PostJamesGT, on 22 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Haha i live in far north QLD, it rains for 3 months of summer then BEAUTIFUL riding wether for the rest of the year.
i am leaning towards the bike, but i was just curious as to what other people think, because my car mates here dont ride, and bike mates to modify, so i thought this would be the best demographic to ask.

oh...then maybe u better keep focus on both
Posted Image Posted Image so how is QLD now? still raining???Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Karbonyte

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

I've only ever owned cars and bikes seperately.

The bikes have been more fun.
The cars have been more practical.

You do need the car to function normally in society though - designated driver, lugging shit, etc.

To have a sweet car, you either need to spend a LOT of money buying an awesome standard car, or modify it to the point where it gets defected easily.
To have a sweet bike, you spend a little bit more money than an average one to buy an awesome standard bike, then you modify it a bit because we all like a bit of personalisation.

So really, buy a cool bike and a shit car. If you can afford to upgrade said car, do it. If not, don't worry about it - you can spend your money or time on your bike anyways. :)

And if your car is shit, it's even more incentive to ride on average weather day - being a sunny day rider only is super lame.

#16 stepup32

• Car:ZX10R

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

id upgrade the bike and keep the car u have or just get a cheap daily car.
cars just dont get the same result as a ride

#17 penguin14

• Car:Turbo N14

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostKarbonyte, on 23 January 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

I've only ever owned cars and bikes seperately.

The bikes have been more fun.
The cars have been more practical.

You do need the car to function normally in society though - designated driver, lugging shit, etc.

To have a sweet car, you either need to spend a LOT of money buying an awesome standard car, or modify it to the point where it gets defected easily.
To have a sweet bike, you spend a little bit more money than an average one to buy an awesome standard bike, then you modify it a bit because we all like a bit of personalisation.

So really, buy a cool bike and a shit car. If you can afford to upgrade said car, do it. If not, don't worry about it - you can spend your money or time on your bike anyways. :)

And if your car is shit, it's even more incentive to ride on average weather day - being a sunny day rider only is super lame.

Quoted for the Truth!

I don't have a car at the moment, So only the 600.

Its good to a point, but then when you get to work, wet, soggy and cold on a Monday morning, makes me want to get a cheapo car for work...

#18 Bozza_12

• Car:Jeep Wrangler

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

I just bought a brand new 4x4 in october and the missus is starting to want to drive it more. Soon we are going down to 1 car so I'm getting my bike licence and a bike. But my circumstances are abit different to everybody elses since mine is for 2 people.

#19 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

I've been into cars since forever, but I've recently started getting tempted to buy my first bike. Never rode a bike before, so it could be interesting for a while.

Only thing that's off-putting for me is not the riding itself, but every other *richard cranium* on the road.

#20 Vincent--TT

• Car:15000+ rpm

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

O well. Seems many people on the same boat. Lol
Bike for most time now... Just back on riding for 2 months.
Car when it rains or necessary to carry stuff... Or in rush
It also depends on what car and bike do u have. If u already have a pretty good bike, and u still want to spend $$ may be upgrade the car. $$ = u really enjoy with.

#21 TougeR34

• Car:R34 GTT

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

Bike for daily, make car project.

#22 SR20NA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

Made the call, bought a daily ( ba Falcon, tow car ) upgrading road bike, and trail bike. hopfully once in a more car orientated state ill get a track car.

#23 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

Having a bike as a daily fails if you require corporate attire and the weather is anything but perfect...

That being said, I have just purchased a new car and am in the process of selling my bike; recently had it serviced and rode it for the first time in 3 months = instantly forgot why I was selling it.

Riding is addictive but I'm afraid I've had one friend too many helicopter off the road at no fault of there own and I have lost my nerve.

#24 jaypea

• Car:180sx

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

used to ride daily for 7+ years and recently gave up about a year ago to get back into a car

originally set out to buy a relatively new car but instead grab a clean type x for under 13k + have enough money left over to get a new k11 this year.

so kinda a win win situation.

#25 GetNkD

• Car:JDM S15 Spec R

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostBennybear, on 21 February 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Having a bike as a daily fails if you require corporate attire and the weather is anything but perfect...

That being said, I have just purchased a new car and am in the process of selling my bike; recently had it serviced and rode it for the first time in 3 months = instantly forgot why I was selling it.

Riding is addictive but I'm afraid I've had one friend too many helicopter off the road at no fault of there own and I have lost my nerve.

I agree with benny, probably the weather is one major factor of having a motorbike. especially during winter aswell where its cold and coming home from a party/girlfriends place etc, would make u change ur mind and make u leave earlier so u can try to beat the freeze. bikes are good for perfect weather, other then that its very unsafe. i guess all the riding courses and experience of riding or seeing friends go down kinda make u more aware and hesitant in riding. I got to say though the feeling when riding is just awesome! i dont really get that feeling when driving. i guess i love my bikes more :)

"four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!