Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
coilover comparison s13/180 - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

coilover comparison s13/180 

41 replies to this topic

#31 beersandwich

• Car:513

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

just dont get anything over 6k. too hard as any bumps mid corner send you flying

#32 WPL45H

• Car:Nissan 180sx Type X

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

While there is a thread on coilovers i might ask this question, I am running ISC coilovers, they are currently at pretty much their lowest setting, but when i go up a left turn into a driveway or a steep change in road angle, i can hear the spring drop sometimes, makes a 'clung' noise, is this normal?

Btw to stay on topic, i love my ISC's, got em about 10 months ago, so far really good :) my mechanic rates them highly, and was surprised when i told him i only paid 1200 lol.

#33 Tidge

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

It's only normal if you adjusted the height by lowering the spring perch and hence removing all preload at full droop.
You can help this by adding a helper spring so the main spting stays captive at full droop or increasing the rebound damping so that the wheel thus spring drops slower.
Without doing that, you can add things to actually silence the spring; whitteline sell "spring silencing wrap" or something which is really just wire loom gathering (i forget the real name)

#34 Strewth01

• Car:180sx

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

View PostWPL45H, on 28 March 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

While there is a thread on coilovers i might ask this question, I am running ISC coilovers, they are currently at pretty much their lowest setting, but when i go up a left turn into a driveway or a steep change in road angle, i can hear the spring drop sometimes, makes a 'clung' noise, is this normal?

Btw to stay on topic, i love my ISC's, got em about 10 months ago, so far really good :) my mechanic rates them highly, and was surprised when i told him i only paid 1200 lol.
Come back and tell me what you think in a year or so. My isc's seem to have crapped out after around a uear and a bit to 2 years and not heaps of km's.
As for the clunking mine make lots of god awful sounds, they've been set up properly by centre line to and still they feel dodgyer and dodgyer as time goes on. Centre line weren't pumped on them either. Seems the isc's really need that thrust bearing they sell now but when I got them they didn't offer them and seeing as they do now kinda makes me wonder what's up with the coil overs I've got now.

#35 WPL45H

• Car:Nissan 180sx Type X

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

View PostGareth01, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

Seems the isc's really need that thrust bearing they sell now but when I got them they didn't offer them and seeing as they do now kinda makes me wonder what's up with the coil overs I've got now.

I have the thrust bearing option.

#36 silvia76

• Car:silvia 1990

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

isc n1 ftw the best i have them tuff as

#37 Toyrismo

• Car:s13

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

ive got ISC n1 in my s13

been out twice to Wakefield race way with-in period of 6months, hit the massive ripple strips they have all day long, nothing wrong so far, still very solid..i think haha as far as i know anyways

#38 MILK-13

• Car:S13 Project

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

I read a great article on shock absorbers from an ex racecar mechanic who had done a lot of dyno testing and playing around with various brands. He basically said all Jap dampers were crap and Penske are the only brand that have adjusters that work as they are suppose to lol. Interesting read...if I wasn't quite convinced before, I am now. Bilstein it is!

#39 Nguage

• Car:A lot

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

I am running HSD HRs, I have the damper set as hard as it will go and sitting pretty low.

Admittedly they are not the best coilover out there, But they are good for their money. Especially with them being on sale right now.

I like to feel every bump on the road especially when sliding. And they do exactly that.

#40 Taylorswift

• Car:S13

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Silkrods seem to be good can get them landed from streeter for the 1400$ mark

#41 boss

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Best coils i tried.

Jic FL2 i reckon.

Got them 2nd hand years ago

Only 8 stage dampening but it worked. On full hard it was back breaking and on full soft i could go over speed humps at 80kph in comfort. This was in a 180

True i did not lower the fk out of the car so it had some suspension travel.

Unfortunatly i killed the front by not fixing them up when they were leaking. and just destroyed the adjustable damping. So i then bought some ISC's

God they were CRAP! Never a nice ride as the dampening was shit. Sliding felt so much more dodgy even just driving normally sucked ass.

But it i was going to do it again, Bilstein + custom spings. Who gives a fk about being able to lower the car when ever you want. Once its at a nice height its pretty much left alone. This would give a far better ride, a LOT more control and be legal-ish and not a head fk.

#42 Strewth01

• Car:180sx

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

80km over speed humps?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!