ppl who drive with s13 fog lights on... 

191 replies to this topic

Poll: Fog lights when not foggy (427 member(s) have cast votes)

People who drive with fog lights on when not foggy are...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Chill Will

• Car:S13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

Sick of s13's with tripple projector lights driving with their fog lights on when its not foggy, thoughts...?

#2 s13_Stevo

• Car:1988 CA18DE s13 Silvia (Manual)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

totally useless..
whats the point?

#3 baru

• Car:Nissan silvia - s13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

were is the who cares, its there car they can do what they want option ?

some people mite like to drive with there fog lights / low beamers on, =/

who cares ?

#4 immature

• Car:Nissan Skyline R32

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

um.. it really depends.. because as we all know.. the s13 has completely useless head lights which barely light up anything...

and if you go and change them to white bulbs.. like i did... you cant see ANYTHING on the road..

i used to use the fog lights on the highways where there were no lights.. they do help kinda

#5 Camel Toe

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:05 PM

I care.

esp when i see ppl driving with them on in broad daylight, a look-at-me factor. Looks stupid more like it.

#6 Chill Will

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

View PostCamel Toe, on May 23 2006, 01:48 PM, said:

I care.

esp when i see ppl driving with them on in broad daylight, a look-at-me factor. Looks stupid more like it.

Im so glad its not only me who's seeing it. :blink:

#7 Jase

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

people who put kits/wheels/stickers/wings/lights/tinted windows etc mostly get them for look at me factor, its like saying someone driving a ferrari is stupid

#8 philmak

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:16 PM

I like the tripple projetor fog lights because you can spot an s13 from a mile away

#9 martyt

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:22 PM

It's actually illegal if there is no fog. I hate em cos the driver is most likely a *richard cranium*. why?
Well he thinks hes cool (the look at me factor) in an s13 (i own one) when the reality is they are nothing special anymore. in like 1996 they were rare as so yeah. but its just a cheap car so get over it, no need to show it off. if you got em on during the day your an absolute fuknut
yeah thats what i think

#10 Chill Will

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:24 PM

View Postmartyt, on May 23 2006, 02:05 PM, said:

It's actually illegal if there is no fog. I hate em cos the driver is most likely a *richard cranium*. why?
Well he thinks hes cool (the look at me factor) in an s13 (i own one) when the reality is they are nothing special anymore. in like 1996 they were rare as so yeah. but its just a cheap car so get over it, no need to show it off. if you got em on during the day your an absolute fuknut
yeah thats what i think

Well put your vote in lol

#11 Slydin_s13

• Car:s13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:34 PM

i dont put them on in the day time, but at night if im driving fast or hard, or if the road is poorly lit i turn them on, i love them they light up every thing i could have gorne onnvia but i couldent part with the silvia fog lites,

i dont turn them on so much in suburban areas and the city coz cops just pull me over and tell me to turn them off,

i feel 10x safer going for a slide with foggies and they light up the road madd,

i dont recon the car looks that good with them turned on tho!

Posted Image

The lights make the car ;)

#12 Chill Will

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:37 PM

View PostSlydin_s13, on May 23 2006, 02:17 PM, said:

i dont put them on in the day time, but at night if im driving fast or hard, or if the road is poorly lit i turn them on, i love them they light up every thing i could have gorne onnvia but i couldent part with the silvia fog lites,

i dont turn them on so much in suburban areas and the city coz cops just pull me over and tell me to turn them off,

i feel 10x safer going for a slide with foggies and they light up the road madd,

i dont recon the car looks that good with them turned on tho!

I think holding a lighter outside the window lights the road better than those things. You have the square type tho don't you... Might be a bit different.

#13 Slydin_s13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

look at the pic, i have tryed many times to light a ciggret with the window down, and the lighter proced to blow out, so i think your statment could be slightly off :lol:

#14 *missBMW*

• Car:BMW- 318i

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:44 PM

View Postimmature, on May 23 2006, 02:12 PM, said:

um.. it really depends.. because as we all know.. the s13 has completely useless head lights which barely light up anything...

and if you go and change them to white bulbs.. like i did... you cant see ANYTHING on the road..

i used to use the fog lights on the highways where there were no lights.. they do help kinda

When I had my silvia I use to put them on in really dark streets and highways sometimes cos the headlights in the S13 are so sh*t. But I do see ALOT of people that have them on in lit up areas etc for the look-at-me factor, which is ghey. Its really annoying aswell if the person in the silvia is coming towards you cos the foggies are really bright and in-your-face. I remember one night I had accidentally pushed them on and got pulled over by police for it and they went off the deep end at me sayign 'its not cool, 'its illegal and I can fine you for it' etc. I got out of it cos I genuinly didn't know they were on at all!
I can however understant the use of them in dark areas but there is a way to fix the problem. Apparently they are just angled wrong or something and it can be fixed.

#15 Chill Will

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:48 PM

lol well there's some guy driving around Canberra with them on all the time at night which I always see heading home from the city.

Its funny because it looks like he is subsituting them for his main lights which look blown lol. :P

#16 SS5

• Car:Roadworthy one.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

Its Ghey!!! <--Each word equals a cent, so theres my 2 cents worth...

#17 Slydin_s13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:02 PM

what a dillie cun* the fog light and head lite globes are the same, just swap the fog light globe to the head light, save you getting booked

#18 Mazdaguy

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

chill. will. who gives a flying toss??

#19 lowriderfalcon

• Car:ED Falcon, Nissan Silvia S13 CA18DET

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

lol i use them at night. this is because they light up the road more than with normal lights.

i dont care what kents say its safer for me being able to see where i am going

#20 kmakaz

• Car:S13 silvia, a 2000 verada and a 2007 GOLf TDI with FSG (flappy paddle shit), Suzuki Bandit GSXR

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:23 PM

i fitted the driving lights off a lexus lx470 in to my front dam. and they light up every thing@

#21 bullet46

• Car:s13 Silvia

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:23 PM

I have the square type on my s13 and i dont give a sh!t when they are on or off. I reckon theyy look pretty good and as one peerson said its good coz u can spot the s13's a mile away and get ready to have a look.

#22 Slydin_s13

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

ha ha bullet46 you avatar reminded me of a civic with a dirty cannon who took off quick from the lights and FLASHED HIS HAZARDS, boy did he get i fright when the T3 spooled and opend the external wastegate next to his window.

#23 killa

• Car:1994 Toyota Supra Aero-Top

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

not a fan of them on at all unless there is a genuine reason to have them on like blakr33 said when your in a dark area or if it is actually foggy

i dont see the point of them being on the car to tell u the truth

#24 BlastedbyaSoarer

• Car:tricycle

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

View Postbaru, on May 23 2006, 01:12 PM, said:

were is the who cares, its there car they can do what they want option ?

some people mite like to drive with there fog lights / low beamers on, =/

who cares ?

Going by that brilliant logic "its their car they can do what they want", i will now be driving with high beams on permanently because as you say who cares its my car. Aside from the fact that driving with high beams or fog lights on is illegal if the weather conditions donít call for their use. Nice bit of thinking there buddy ;) I think the people coming in the other direction actually care as its very annoying and extremely distracting/blinding. Is that reason enough not to put them on just to look like Joe cool? There is a time and a place for them to be used so that should govern whether you turn them on or not. And to state the obvious, looking like Joe cool does not constitute them to be turned on ;)

#25 Camel Toe

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

View Postlowriderfalcon, on May 23 2006, 04:51 AM, said:

lol i use them at night. this is because they light up the road more than with normal lights.

i dont care what kents say its safer for me being able to see where i am going

At whose expense though? the oncoming traffic?

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

wankers like wrx owners

#27 Chill Will

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

View PostSars, on May 23 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

chill. will. who gives a flying toss??

If you don't then don't read the thread.
This is general chat, not chat about what Sars wants to talk about.

We all know you think they are cool.

#28 2hunj

• Car:Nissan 200sx '97 S2

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

i dont drive with my fog lights on...because i dont have any lol, but i do drive with my lights on all the time. Its more of a safety thing than anything really and if i had fog lights, even though its illegal, id prob put them on too.

I think it does look pretty good to be honest, but its a bit too showey for me if thats the only reason your putting them on for.

my 2cents, more like 1.5 cents...wateva

cheers, scott

#29 gt-007

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

well some wires have crossed in my silvia or something like that so mine are permanently on and i really cant be f**ked taking out the globes or getting it fixed right now.
and they dont look THAT bad when they are on, to me anyway. however it is a little bit annoying when a car drives towards you with them on..

#30 Christo

• Car:1991 Silvia Q (SR20DET conversion)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

i only use them when im in a dark area and no other cars are around. They more light to the side of the car. But yeh hate the look of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!