It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

calibre water temp wiring 

4 replies to this topic

#1 professor

• Car:1991 s13

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

ok done a search and cant find teh calibre wiring chart does anyone have one or know what is what. i got a gauge giving to me and i haev no idea what color are what

#2 Laundo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

hahahahahah OMG, I have been searching for a while for this same info. I had some guages a while ago and I mixed up the harness's so was not even sure if i have the right harness for it.

mine has a

Red
Black
White
Green
Orange
wires

I could not find an actual diagram so was going to fumble my way through it later today

Basically
Red = 12v switched power
Black = earth
White = Lights ( or dimmer if thats how your roll )
orange and green are left and there are two leads off the sender, so gonna switch and see which ones make the guage do something.

Unless of course now you tell me that yours only has four wires or something, then it means i have the wrong harness and im screwed :D

#3 Laundo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

the calibre guages were made by saas, so tried searching that and found a youtube vid

2:43

hope that helps

#4 professor

• Car:1991 s13

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostDandrenat, on 06 March 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

hahahahahah OMG, I have been searching for a while for this same info. I had some guages a while ago and I mixed up the harness's so was not even sure if i have the right harness for it.

mine has a

Red
Black
White
Green
Orange
wires

I could not find an actual diagram so was going to fumble my way through it later today

Basically
Red = 12v switched power
Black = earth
White = Lights ( or dimmer if thats how your roll )
orange and green are left and there are two leads off the sender, so gonna switch and see which ones make the guage do something.

Unless of course now you tell me that yours only has four wires or something, then it means i have the wrong harness and im screwed :D

yeah mien has same wiring as yours,.
i wont put it in unless i can dim it. cause it will make to big blind spot but thanks. i think orange is for the sender

#5 Laundo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

shows it in that youtube vid

Red ~ 12v switched power
Black ~ Earth
White ~ Lights
Green ~ to the Red wire on the sender
Orange ~ To Battery

and the left over black wire in the sender is earthed to the body where ever you wish

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!